Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Put my 2007 GT3 up for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 09:58 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 276 Posts

Auction ends at 2:20pm EST today. We will soon find out ....
Old 12-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

$88,500 plus fees. Well bought

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...che-911-gt3-6/
Old 12-05-2017, 04:43 PM
griffin.ross
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very fascinating to watch. Looks like both buyer/seller are happy though so congrats!
Old 12-06-2017, 12:28 AM
ores
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am surprised by the low winning bid. What's odd is that this car is actually much nicer than the 2008 that sold for 130K. Maybe it's just having the right buyer at the right time. If I idn't have one already, I would have picked this white one and would have gladly paid closer to 100K if needed.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:26 AM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by ores
I am surprised by the low winning bid. What's odd is that this car is actually much nicer than the 2008 that sold for 130K. Maybe it's just having the right buyer at the right time. If I idn't have one already, I would have picked this white one and would have gladly paid closer to 100K if needed.
That 08 "sold" for 130K. Haha

88 plus fees sounds about right for this current market. 100K is the median depending on the condition.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:10 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 276 Posts

I certainly think this went at the very low end of the range considering the condition and options on the car. IMO, its much nicer than the black one. Auctions are funny, you just need two people in the room to drive the price up and if there is only one, the action ends early. Luck of the draw sometimes. I also think BaT did not do this car any favors, it did not make any of the daily emails until the last day, and even then it was buried on the bottom. Not sure how they pick and choose but promotion was poor.

The car is going to a wonderful home, a true Porsche enthusiast with a nice collection. In all a good transaction as I await the arrival of my McLaren 12C next week.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:37 AM
motopt22
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
I certainly think this went at the very low end of the range considering the condition and options on the car. IMO, its much nicer than the black one. Auctions are funny, you just need two people in the room to drive the price up and if there is only one, the action ends early. Luck of the draw sometimes. I also think BaT did not do this car any favors, it did not make any of the daily emails until the last day, and even then it was buried on the bottom. Not sure how they pick and choose but promotion was poor.

The car is going to a wonderful home, a true Porsche enthusiast with a nice collection. In all a good transaction as I await the arrival of my McLaren 12C next week.
You had a beautiful car and its great that its going to a good home. It seems like the price was just ok, definitely not a home run. Do you think Bat did more to publicize the black car because it was being sold by a dealer? A dealer who then quickly listed another car days afterward? Bat has been a turn off ever since they got so big, and allowed dealers to enter into the arena. Congrats on the 12C . I have driven one, and its intoxicating!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:30 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

how much extra are the "fees"?

88.5 seems like a pretty good deal (unless fess are a ton)
Old 12-06-2017, 12:01 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
how much extra are the "fees"?

88.5 seems like a pretty good deal (unless fess are a ton)
5% up to a max of 5k
Old 12-06-2017, 03:46 PM
RSA964993
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 85 Posts

Where do you guys think is the best place to market a GT car these days? The comments about BAT marketing one car better than the other one certainly doesn't bode well for the people who will only be selling one car. I'm selling mine in the spring and have historically sold to people who knew the car or on PCA. Both Rennlist and BAT are new to me and certainly have been intrigued with BAT but the price fluctuations certainly are a head scratcher since the one that just sold was a really great car. Perhaps it's what was said, you just need two good buyers at the same time.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:49 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA964993
Where do you guys think is the best place to market a GT car these days? The comments about BAT marketing one car better than the other one certainly doesn't bode well for the people who will only be selling one car. I'm selling mine in the spring and have historically sold to people who knew the car or on PCA. Both Rennlist and BAT are new to me and certainly have been intrigued with BAT but the price fluctuations certainly are a head scratcher since the one that just sold was a really great car. Perhaps it's what was said, you just need two good buyers at the same time.
seems a lot of guys are going direct to Carmax (or the like) - just to avoid low ballers and tire kickers

maybe even switchcars, they seem to be held in high regard
Old 12-06-2017, 06:24 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA964993
Where do you guys think is the best place to market a GT car these days?
Based on my experience, not on Rennlist unless you either have a super-low mileage garage queen or if not, are willing to accept a significantly below market price and have the patience to endure a plethora of tire-kickers, lowballers and e-mail pen pals who will not take the time and effort to inspect the car in person.

If you do market your car here and what appears to be a serious buyer materializes and promises to buy, I strongly suggest requiring a reasonable non-refundable deposit. There was a time when I would hold a car briefly on a handshake e-deal but TWO Rennlisters backed out on what I were told were done deals at the last minute, after I had held onto the car while they were 1.) out of town on a business trip, and 2.) arranging a wire transfer. Of course, neither supposed buyer would inspect the car in person, even after I requested that they do so in order to make sure there were no post-sale surprises for either of us. I cannot fathom buying a pre-owned car of any type without inspecting and driving it personally. Well, I would probably buy one sight unseen from Mooty......

Others on here have had positive vehicle selling experiences, so hopefully mine were aberrations. The silver lining was that thankfully I came to my senses and decided to keep the GT3, for which I have no regrets.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:02 AM
RSA964993
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 85 Posts

Appreciate the response. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:43 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,119 Posts

I've bought 2 cars from RL, never sold one. always sold to dealers or other methods. Lots of tire kickers... some do pull the trigger like me, but not many.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:31 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

bought mine off RL too. i believe the previous owner had to deal with a number of tire kickers and low ballers.
his post had plenty of good pictures, DME, history, etc. we exchanged a few emails and chatted on phone.
i flew out to see the car cuz i couldn't buy unseen. all looked good. went to bank for cashiers check. done.

previous owner prepped the car, met with transport company and about a week later the car showed up.
~15k miles later and have to say the whole experience has been great. still exchange emails from time to time.

i think on RL, for buyers the "buy the seller" comment is quite true.
not sure what the axiom is for sellers.

Quick Reply: Put my 2007 GT3 up for sale