Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Garage cabinets

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 03:33 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

BTW, is that a lead foot or magnetic grey raptor? I happen to have a lead foot.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:04 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by BartN (TX)
Very nice. How deep is your garage?

What do you mean by clean up the floors? Literally cleaning them, or redoing them?
BTW, is that a lead foot or magnetic grey raptor? I happen to have a lead foot.
My garage is 25' deep and close to 40' wide. I mean to literally clean the floors. We track in lots of crap when cars are parked in the garage while/after a rain. The Raptor is Magnetic. It's my daily driver and I love it. My first Ford in 20 yrs, but I'm not looking back. Outside of the Raptor, we are an all Porsche family. The baby hauler is a Cayenne GTS.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:19 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ranger22
My garage is 25' deep and close to 40' wide. I mean to literally clean the floors. We track in lots of crap when cars are parked in the garage while/after a rain. The Raptor is Magnetic. It's my daily driver and I love it. My first Ford in 20 yrs, but I'm not looking back. Outside of the Raptor, we are an all Porsche family. The baby hauler is a Cayenne GTS.
25' deep is very nice to have. My garage is 23 x 39 but only has one 9' wide and one 18' wide door. It's stuffed with 4 cars and 3 bikes plus all the other stuff that accumulates such as track tires, compressor, etc. I'm probably going to go same direction as you with the New Age cabinets but am struggling to work around some obstacles in the garage such as built-in sink, refrigerator and an electrical panel put EXACTLY where I'd want my workbench.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:17 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

25' deep is very nice to have. My garage is 23 x 39 but only has one 9' wide and one 18' wide door. It's stuffed with 4 cars and 3 bikes plus all the other stuff that accumulates such as track tires, compressor, etc. I'm probably going to go same direction as you with the New Age cabinets but am struggling to work around some obstacles in the garage such as built-in sink, refrigerator and an electrical panel put EXACTLY where I'd want my workbench.
It can be moved, just costs $$$.

I saw your car at Charlie's a few weeks ago. I live just north-east of downtown Dallas if you'd like to see these cabinets in person.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:21 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Small world! Is he making any progress on it?

There's no way I'd move that panel. It's 2 huge full banks. I think I'd move houses first. I was thinking about somehow rigging a flat panel tv over it that could easily be removed.

I may take you up on the offer to check out those cabinets. Wouldn't mind your opinion on the floor as well.

I'll pm you my contact info
Old 01-01-2019, 06:06 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Small world! Is he making any progress on it?

There's no way I'd move that panel. It's 2 huge full banks. I think I'd move houses first. I was thinking about somehow rigging a flat panel tv over it that could easily be removed.

I may take you up on the offer to check out those cabinets. Wouldn't mind your opinion on the floor as well.

I'll pm you my contact info
The floors look ok. They catch dirt and don't clean as easy as you'd think. The worst part is if you drop a screw, forget trying to find it. I'm not sure I'd do it again. They look better than plain concrete though.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:31 AM
mrgreystone
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been putting Gladiator Premier cabinets in my workshop garage and am very pleased with them. The cabinets are substantial and look nice. Best part is they go on sale frequently. I cut up the shipping boxes and make liners for the shelves so they don't scratch. I also make pegboard brackets for inside of the hanging cabinets. Small stacking totes are good for interior storage and help you maximize the area.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:44 PM
HASauto
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question for the guys with new age cabinets... is there a big difference between the bold 3 or the pro Series? It’s for a commercial garage and will get more use then a house garage. The look is identical jut one is 18 gauge compare to 24 gauge right?
The pro series is almost twice the price, so just wanna make sure it’s worth the difference.
thxs
Tyler
Old 03-21-2019, 12:43 PM
andrewgt3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by HASauto
Question for the guys with new age cabinets... is there a big difference between the bold 3 or the pro Series? It’s for a commercial garage and will get more use then a house garage. The look is identical jut one is 18 gauge compare to 24 gauge right?
The pro series is almost twice the price, so just wanna make sure it’s worth the difference.
thxs
Tyler
I would say the Bold 3 is not heavy gauge enough for a commercial garage.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:22 AM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Well, after a couple of years of hemming and hawing I finally got off my butt and started on my garage 6 weeks ago. Biggest job was the total repaint top to bottom. That'll be the last time I do that! It's a bunch of work.

I ordered the NewAge Pro 3.0 cabinets include their sink. Funny thing is they don't offer the sink with red doors so I contacted them and asked if the doors to their regular cabinets fit the sink cabinet and since they did I ordered a red set and replaced the grey ones when they arrived.

The floor was done by Garage Flooring Pros in Dallas. They were exceptional to work with. I took one of their standard mixes and added very light red flake to my liking and wasn't charged any extra. Couldn't be happier with the result.

Old 03-08-2020, 01:02 PM
jason95R
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 105 Posts

That looks excellent! Nice job.

What is your ceiling height?
Old 03-08-2020, 01:08 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jason95R
That looks excellent! Nice job.

What is your ceiling height?
Thank you.

Ceiling height for most of the garage is 9'. Total brain fart on my part since we designed and built the house and there was no reason to not make it 12'. I ended up having to modify the area above the lift to pop up to 10'
Old 03-08-2020, 01:25 PM
milazzo_997tt
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 65 Posts

Thank you.

Ceiling height for most of the garage is 9'. Total brain fart on my part since we designed and built the house and there was no reason to not make it 12'. I ended up having to modify the area above the lift to pop up to 10'

Is your lift from Advantage Lifts? If so, how are you liking it?
Old 03-08-2020, 05:19 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by milazzo_997tt
Is your lift from Advantage Lifts? If so, how are you liking it?
Yes, I've owned it about 3.5 years and have been very happy with it. Also have the rolling jack which works fine but I haven't used it as much as I thought I would.

Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:59 PM
milazzo_997tt
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 65 Posts

Yes, I've owned it about 3.5 years and have been very happy with it. Also have the rolling jack which works fine but I haven't used it as much as I thought I would.

Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Glad to hear it! I purchased a lift from them at Barrett Jackson this year. I've been very happy with it so far but couldn't find a whole lot of reviews before I pulled the trigger so was a bit nervous. Glad you've had it for as long as you have and are happy with it.

Quick Reply: Garage cabinets