Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS: 997 Tractive Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 04:47 PM
Tom Trew
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the Star Fleet Racing Team uses Tractives exclusively I understand.

A simple way to understand how the accelerometer adds value is this: imagine you are under hard braking, weight shifts to the front and off of the rear, the nose of the car dives due to this, what if the car could sense the G forces and stiffen the front suspension to compensate before the dive ever occurs? Another example, you are cornering at high G loads, if the car could sense the lateral G forces and stiffen the outside shocks, while at the same time softening the inside shocks so that the curbing did not upset the car, what would that add?

Also, because the shocks are adjustable over a wide range of damping, you can effectively make them "soft" to compensate for your bumpy mountain roads, but know that if you brake hard, or decide to take your favorite turn at high G loads, the shocks will almost instantly stiffen to compensate.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Astrix
Racer

Received 196 Likes on 66 Posts

This is mighty tempting... I want to go this route eventually, but my car is in the shop with the transmission out right now.

I guess I'll see how that whole deal goes and check back. I don't like my chances! 😂
Old 11-02-2017, 08:52 AM
Tom Trew
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOLD - Thanks to everyone for your interest. Tom

Quick Reply: FS: 997 Tractive Suspension