Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Roll cage + harness advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017 | 03:05 PM
matt33
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Roll cage + harness advice

Ok... I have found GT2 buckets and now need to decide on a roll bar and harness that will all work well together.

I want the the seat to slide back fully and to maintain some usable rear cargo space so have narrowed down to either the GMG LMS or the Das Sport which both seem to satisfy the above.

Leaning Das Sport since it attaches to the shock towers, though not sure how important that is.

Any advice on LMS vs Das Sport and a good harness to put with it?

https://www.dassport.com/store/produ...%2798-to-2011#

https://shop.gmgracing.com/collectio...nt=35845993731

Matty
Old 10-20-2017 | 03:49 PM
gt2-josh
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Congrats on scoring those Perlon GT2s. You got a great deal. I only have experience with the factory ROW Clubsport, and Tequipment bars and the GMG RSR and LMS bars. There are still a few Clubsport bars floating around and that's my recommendation. It's light it fits it does the job and it's OEM. I haven't handled the RSS or BBi bars. However the GMG RSR bar is the most difficult to install bar I've attempted and it's heavy. Once in it looks good and I'm sure it offers good protection but it's a beast. The Tequipment bar is a nice easy to install inexpensive option unless you are doing a lot of track events. You'll want better protection. I think I sufficiently botched that answer. Hope it helps a bit. Best Josh

Last edited by gt2-josh; 10-20-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2017 | 04:08 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 553 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by matt33
Ok... I have found GT2 buckets and now need to decide on a roll bar and harness that will all work well together.

I want the the seat to slide back fully and to maintain some usable rear cargo space so have narrowed down to either the GMG LMS or the Das Sport which both seem to satisfy the above.

Leaning Das Sport since it attaches to the shock towers, though not sure how important that is.

Any advice on LMS vs Das Sport and a good harness to put with it?

https://www.dassport.com/store/produ...%2798-to-2011#

https://shop.gmgracing.com/collectio...nt=35845993731

Matty
Hi Matt,

We have a bar for your car and here are some pictures of it below. We have them in stock and ready to be coated in any color. The most popular harness would be the Schroth GT3 specific ones and they are $550.00 per side. We can supply those as well. Please send us an email to jerry@bbiautosport.com if you have any more questions.

BBi Autosport Porsche 997 GT3 / GT3RS Bolt-In Roll Bar

After receiving a warm welcome from fellow members, BBi Autosport is pleased to present our Porsche 996 & 997 Roll Bar as part of our Street Cup parts package.

Features
  • 1.625" x 0.095" 4130 chrome moly steel tubing utilized for excellent strength to weight ratio
  • Made from 4130 chrome moly steel tubing (1.5" x .120" main hoop & 1.5" x 0.95" rear hoops) for excellent strength to weight ratio
  • TIG welded and utilizes "X" braces on both front and rear sections for superior strength and rigidity
  • Mounts to front seatbelt mounts and rear strut towers
  • Utilizes laser cut mounting plates & inner diameter tube clamps that are CNC turned and milled for a precise and seamless fit
  • Designed to work with stock or any aftermarket seats on the market
  • Can be used with stock seatbelts or 6 point harnesses for track use
  • Designed to work with wrap-around style harnesses while optional eyelet bolt provisions are available for clip-in harnesses
  • OEM fit & finish. The main hoop contours entire arch of the roof with an even 3/16 inch gap
  • Finished in satin black powder coat. Other optional colors available
  • Designed to fit all models of the 996 and 997 chassis including the Carrera, Turbo, GT2, and GT3
  • Compatible with factory Bose subwoofer
  • Bolt-in installation requires no drilling and minimal carpet trimming
  • Made in USA

Here are some beauty shots of the BBi Porsche 997 GT3 Street Cup roll bar in bare metal to showcase the pretty welds.

Installed with Harnesses

Attachment 1352563

Attachment 1346476

White Porsche 997.2 GT3 RS BBi Street Cup Roll Bar & Schroth Racing Harness

BBi 997 GT3 Safety Package:
  • BBi Autosport Porsche 997 GT3 Harness Bar Bar Gloss White
  • BBi Autosport 997 GT3 Sub-Strap Mount
  • Schroth Profi II - GT3 Racing Harness HANS Specific

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram

Quick Reply: Roll cage + harness advice