Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Durametric Pro issue

Old 08-14-2017, 04:43 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Received 431 Likes on 307 Posts
Default Durametric Pro issue

Hello,

I've owned the Enthusiast cable for quite some time and it works fine. Just borrowed a friend's Pro cable, connected and the software goes crazy, (not responding)
I then tried everything from restarting the software, uninstalling and reinstalling both software and drivers, re booting windows, and the same result. As soon as I reconnect, open software, click on modules, it reads the first one but then back to (not responding)

I reconnected my Enthusiast cable, working fine

Did this too many times now, and I imagine his Pro cable is defective. I'll call him now and ask if he's had issues with it.

I run
Mac laptop 2011
VM Fusion, Windows 7

Again, no issues with the Enthusiast cable.

Could it be my USB on laptop is incompatible with the new Pro cable? Only thing I can think of-

Thnx
Old 08-14-2017, 05:41 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Checking to see if his cable is 2nd generation or authentic-can anybody confirm from these pics?
Rebooted my laptop and will try once more

Thanks
Attached Images   
Old 08-14-2017, 06:20 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Just tried again, same thing.

Status says Durametric Professional connected-I navigate to any module on the left, open it and it works on the first click. But then if I go to something else and click on it, software status goes to (Not responding)

If I shut down the software, it will not open again unless I unplug the USB-

I'll suggest the owner return his cable, first I have to ask him if it's been working with his laptop/car

Just re connected my Enthusiast cable and it works as always. One observation, once my USB is connected to laptop, software open, my cable's LED blinks red until I plug it into the OBDII port.
The Pro cable blinks green and blue instead-
Old 08-15-2017, 01:33 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Well my laptop fried out right after this post-very irritating 😡

Gonna na see if I can get it fixed tomorrow

Patience level -> 0
Old 08-15-2017, 11:29 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,629 Posts

Originally Posted by JB911
Just tried again, same thing.

Status says Durametric Professional connected-I navigate to any module on the left, open it and it works on the first click. But then if I go to something else and click on it, software status goes to (Not responding)

If I shut down the software, it will not open again unless I unplug the USB-

I'll suggest the owner return his cable, first I have to ask him if it's been working with his laptop/car

Just re connected my Enthusiast cable and it works as always. One observation, once my USB is connected to laptop, software open, my cable's LED blinks red until I plug it into the OBDII port.
The Pro cable blinks green and blue instead-
My professional cable gives the software some issues also. I don't use it enough to worry about it, but for $525 it should be flawless.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:12 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

I hope my friend's cable is authentic and 2nd generation-he said he'll bring his windows laptop over on Friday

The irritating coincidence is my Mac fried out, had to send it to get a new logic board which apple replaced 3 years ago.

i think the heat and humidity fried it out. But before I put it away and it was working, enthusiast cable worked fine. Professional cable connected/identified, but as soon as I clicked on another module it would freeze. I switched cables enough times to get the same results. Once I brought the laptop into the living room/AC, I noticed it froze-could be irrelevant to the durametric cable-
Anyway, all I wanted was to code the windows up and down with the remote 😜
Old 08-19-2017, 03:26 AM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Tried thecsble with a Windows laptop-appeared to work then fried out again. Reinstalled software and drivers, no go.
enthusiast cable worked fine. So thecsble is cooked,I told my friend to send it back-
Old 08-19-2017, 03:18 PM
JB911
Rennlist Member

Tried the cable with a Windows laptop-it appeared to work then fried out again. Reinstalled software and drivers, no go.
enthusiast cable worked fine. So the pro csble is cooked,I told my friend to send it back-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Durametric Pro issue