Stone Guards

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 06:18 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by North Shore 911
SoCal,

Any chance you could snap a few pics and post 'me up here? I just had the front end of my black 2010 C4S Cab re-sprayed with a full front Xpel film wrap. I'm now doing a Level 1 paint correction on the back end of the car and I need to do something with my stone guards as they are now the worst-looking part of the car! I'd love a quick and simple solution where I could just throw these magnetic pieces over the stock SG's so I don't have to pay for the additional removal & cleaning cost just to stick another pair on top of the old SG's....

I've heard the CF looks pretty good, but I'd love to see how yours looks if you can snap a new pics

Here is a picture of the CF stone guards....
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Ditchhanger
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AlohaCS
Yes, Maui.
Wassup from Oahu!
Old 07-08-2017, 10:51 PM
mikeson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is mine over OEM clear.
Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2017, 08:08 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

MagnaGrafik's in matte black
Attached Images   
Old 07-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

It's funny how this thread has turned into one about black stone guards when the OP never asked about them, and hasn't replied to any post about them. Haha. FWIW, I tried the black OEM ones on my old silver 997.2 C2S. Took them off after a few days. While our cars are more "old school" compared to the 991s, I think they're too modern for the black stone guards, without forced retro touches like the Speedster's "humps," low-cut windscreen, etc. Anyway, just another opinion.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:17 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 402 Likes on 204 Posts
Default Xpel

Thanks to Ten Years, I ended up pulling the trigger on a set of Xpel stone guards that will go on after I complete a full paint correction on the back end of my black 2010 4S Cab. After I did the front end respray and full front Xpel film last month, I realized how beat up the back half of the car was , so I'm fixing that over the coming weeks, including peeling off the old SG's and cleaning it all up before slapping the new Xpel guards on
Old 07-13-2017, 11:10 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by North Shore 911
Thanks to Ten Years, I ended up pulling the trigger on a set of Xpel stone guards that will go on after I complete a full paint correction on the back end of my black 2010 4S Cab. After I did the front end respray and full front Xpel film last month, I realized how beat up the back half of the car was , so I'm fixing that over the coming weeks, including peeling off the old SG's and cleaning it all up before slapping the new Xpel guards on
Glad to be of service, haha. Xpel is genius to offer them, as so many people entrust their cars to their product. I'm actually surprised it's not a better known thing, that they supply them. Anyway, I'm in no way affiliated; I just use and love their stuff. Post some photos when you finish your car up!
Old 07-16-2017, 06:11 AM
AlohaCS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stone guards are off with the help of a clothes steamer. The new Xpel guards are here and planned for Monday! Can't wait. Amazing what a difference it makes looking at my Carrara white S without the yellowing stone guards.

Thanks again for the link, Ten Years.

Quick Reply: Stone Guards