Sponsored by:

Incredibly simple fix to improve the 997 Bose amp sound quality

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 02:49 PM
GobblerChaser
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marshal_Mercer
I have "TP" as an option in my cab. Is that for noise compensation when the top is down? Nothing is said in the manual about "TP". If for noise compensation, it seems odd to have that and "Auto Pilot", too.
Been wondering what this is myself??? I have it in my 2010 turbo Cab.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:53 PM
GobblerChaser
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GobblerChaser

Been wondering what this is myself??? I have it in my 2010 turbo Cab.
figured it out. Traffic Program. Useless in the US. Works well in EU.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:57 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Fbrooksr
Go to options and turn off the Linear option as well. Makes all the difference in the world. Bass shows up big time. Still, no mid range. Is Bose the best. No. No mid range. Turn off the Auto Pilot, too.

Can't believe Porsche allowed all of this in their cars. Why have the options if the don't work? No understanding this logic. Except they got a good deal.

Also, my amp has to warm up before I get bass. Why?
Where is the Linear option? I dont remember seeing this.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:43 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Linear Option

The Bruce: Sorry, I've been away on holiday. It is located on the same Option screen as the auto volume increase option. When I clicked it off, the sound improved exponentially. There was NO bass prior to that. It's an option on my 3.0 PSM. When you click on it, the PSM says it gives an audiophile touch to the sound. BS! I saw this very thing mentioned in a message string mid-summer this year as well. I find that when I did your earlier suggested fix involving the fuses (thanks!), then clicked these two options off, the sound was far better... even a keeper. Sorry that I don't have a screen shot as I am not close to my PCar.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:23 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

@Fbrooksr - many thanks. Looks like that option is only available on PCM 3.0. It doesn't exist on PCM 2.1.

So far the simplest thing I found to improve the sound, and bring the PCM 2.1 into the modern age, was add a bluetooth streaming and hands free calling module from LaPower. Its cheap and the sound quality is slightly better than my old MoBridge unit. There is also a large placebo effect now that my phone automatically connects and starts playing where it left off. With my old Mobridge unit I had a 3 minute routine just to get music playing every time I started the car.

I asked the head of service at my local dealer if he had any tips to get the Bose Autopilot working. He said he'd never seen it work in 10 years so not worth trying to debug...

Quick Reply: Incredibly simple fix to improve the 997 Bose amp sound quality