Sponsored by:

Installing DAS rollbar on 2011 turbo s cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 01:09 AM
snurf
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing DAS rollbar on 2011 turbo s cab

I received by rollbar today and went to install it. I'm using these instructions: https://www.dassport.com/store/pages.php?pageid=13

I hit 2 immediate snags:

1) The instructions say to remove the rear floormats exposing the metal floor (step 1). Problem is that the floormats covers carpeting and that carpeting piece is one really big piece when i try to pry it out. Do i need to cut that carpeting out?
2) Step 4 say to drill through the floor. I assume I need to remove the underbody liner/tray piece, but there aren't instructions for it, which makes me nervous given they told me to remove floor mats

Anyone dealt with the same? Do i just cut the carpeting for 1 and remove the panels for installation for 2?

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2017, 04:09 PM
snurf
Track Day

Here is a picture of the floorboard carpeting. As you can see, it's not just removing the floormat and seeing exposed metal (i already removed the removable floormat):

Rear footwell with some carpeting pulled up

And here are some pictures of the underbody, as you can see it's all got a liner covering it:

Looking straight across the car

Looking slighthly backwards (rear tires in view)
Old 05-23-2017, 01:06 AM
snurf
Track Day

In case anyone else runs into the same issue i had:

I talked to DAS Sport today and they said that the 997.2s got a new style of carpeting that's 1 piece as well as the Turbo's having a different set of underbody panels, so what i'm seeing is normal. I'll try installing and update again when it's done.

Quick Reply: Installing DAS rollbar on 2011 turbo s cab