Air Con LCD replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 03:44 AM
Lukiejdog
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Air Con LCD replacement

Hey guys,

Thought I would post this pic of my beloved 997's air con controller display. It just happened the other day (the small circle of dots) after owning the car for six months. Has this happened to anyone else?
Do you think I need to replace the whole unit or is possible to simply replace the LCD inside the unit?

http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/15245440...150&rmvSB=true

Thanks in advance for your thoughts
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2017, 12:28 PM
jhalsey
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't believe that LCD panel is available separately from the climate control unit # 99765310114MH which is the current version with the improved TEMP and FAN buttons. Suspect many here have replaced their original units due to the premature wear of these buttons and the lack of quality replacement buttons. I have done this recently after not being satisfied with the result of refinishing the buttons. The cost of a new unit is close to $700 with shipping from Suncoast, one of the lowest cost dealers around.

You can probably purchase a used unit ( I have one, PM me if interested) and harvest the LCD panel, there are DIY's available on how to disassemble it. The LCD panel just lays in the cutout with no apparent electrical connection to the circuit board, not sure how that works but i had mine apart and back together and it still works.

So, if your FAN and TEMP buttons are in good shape, a used control unit seems like a good way to go over a pricey new unit from Porsche.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:11 AM
oronymo
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

I’m in the exact same boat. Will either buy a used unit on eBay for $400 and extract the lcd, or buy a new one for $700 and sell mine for like $200.

When you swapped out the LCD did it throw errors or need to activated by the dealer? Suncoast says the unit needs to be activated to work.

Quick Reply: Air Con LCD replacement