Sponsored by:

TPMS Error Message - Changing Thresholds ? >>

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:51 AM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 131 Posts
Default TPMS Error Message - Changing Thresholds ? >>

997.2, can you change the low threshold for when it indicates you have a low or flat tire? I tend to run my tires on the low side and the warning lights kick on a lot. I have found that selecting 18 inch vs 19 inch tires has different thresholds but there still to high for my liking.
  • 18 inch F34/R38
  • 19 inch F34/R40
I am at 34/36 hot

I don't want to disable the whole system. My preference would be to keep the psi reading but disable any warning lights.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:08 AM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Durametric Pro lets you do coding. You can enable and disable certain warning messages such as seat belts or press brake to start.

Take a look at this thread for coding details: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1690443213

In the spreadsheet under Instrument Cluster module there are settings to enable/disable messages for the RDK Text. This is the TPMS system (German acronym). I haven't played with this section myself but it does look promising.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:07 AM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 131 Posts

Thanks... good info. To your point, lines 32, 51, 135-145 and 153-160 look like something promising.

anyone else done this and know how to manipulate the values and/or disable the warnings?
Old 05-29-2017, 02:45 PM
SDCLTD
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI:
- I removed the TPMS Sensor Box & thereafter reprogramed the system using Durametric Pro. All due to the 'Red Messages & Alarms' I would receive whenever I tracked the car - which would come ON at the most distracting times [usually 2nd/3rd Lap].
- After re-installing the TPMS Sensor Box & re-programning the system using the Durametric Pro, I continue to receive various 'Fault' messages.
- The system will now only display the pressures for the R/H Tires - not the L/H Tires - and after driving it, the TPMS does not 'Learn' the tire pressures as it did before.
- Clearly, I have to be smarter than the computer - and it seems to have 'Won' unless I disconnect & remove the programming completely.
- I'd love to use this unit & found it to be very accurate for tire pressures when comparing the pressures to an independent tire gauge @ the track. But, the 'Red Alerts' & 'Alarms' have made it unacceptable for track use.

Quick Reply: TPMS Error Message - Changing Thresholds ? >>