Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicagoans, help convince me to buy a 997!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 08:24 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

As other members have already pointed out, the more you learn, the more you'll want to pick one up even more. In the likely event that you do , I've attached out site's DIYs on the 997. It'll be helpful when doing maintenance and general knowledge to get you more familiar with the platform. Happy to answer any questions that you may have! Best of luck!

Porsche Carrera 997 (2005-2012) Technical Articles
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-05-2017, 10:35 AM
FlaHeel
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold my 997 while living in Lake Zurich for seed money to move to Florida. That area is teaming with Porshcephiles and you should have no problem meeting many people that will help convince you. Take a visit to Northstar Motorsports in Barrington and look at all the goodies, that may help.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Bobby5150
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So I bought my first porsche, 2014 991, last year from a dealer out of state. I had test driven a 2013 briefly but it was really this forum that gave the confidence to know what I wanted. Then this year I bought a 997, S cab, without ever having driven one. I bought that one from a dealer on the west coast and didn't see it in person until it was delivered to my house. All I can say is that if you can afford it you will never regret pulling the trigger! I am truly addicted now and I love every minute of it. I think the 997 is an incredible car and a great value. The hardest part is deciding which options are critical to you and then finding the model that hits most of the buttons. I wanted a white S with tan interior for my 997 and sport chrono. After that it didn't really matter. I live in the suburbs but drive both cars in the city all the time. I have found a couple great parking garages that have decent spots and aren't crazy full ever. No street parking for me in the city. Like everyone else on this forum I would tell you do it sooner than later! Everyday without a 911 is a day wasted! Good luck.

Quick Reply: Chicagoans, help convince me to buy a 997!