Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running a 997 with Track Seats, Roll Bar, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 05:00 PM
tlisotta
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone running a 997 with Track Seats, Roll Bar, etc.

Anyone out there running a full track set up on a 997? Love to hear what seats, rollbar, etc you are running. Leaning towards Halo seats which limits what will fit. Regardless, love to hear anyone running a track set up that is driving back and forth to DE's. I don't want a trailer and this is a track only car for me. Post pics and what model set ups you are running. I have a 997.1 with a sunroof so that may limit what I need to do for head clearance.

Thanks in advance-

Tony
Old 04-30-2017, 04:37 PM
Alexandrius
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 997.2 S with sunroof. Even with halos it is daily drive-able, no problem (unless you wear suits imo).

Here's what i've done and why it's a good way to go for a track car:

1. Cantrell Roll-Bar/Clubsport style half cage
This item is good because unlike most half cage/rollbar options it connects to the rear shock towers and the floor in front of the rear seats (must have a simple steel plate welded in to bolt into; requires modification of carpet but easy to cover over and restore to stock). This connection style is the strongest minus an actual cage, and will likely not shear in a crash as easily as a half cage that connects to the seatbelt points in the rear. I highly recommend this style, and I am selling mine if you are interested as I am restoring my car to stock to trade/sell. It also allows me to retain my bose sound system!

5 point harness is fine, just keep stock seatbelt connector for using stock belts when you don't feel like messing with the harness.

OMP HTE-R seat in CF: Has a halo, great racing seat. It's ergos fit me well and it fit in the car well. Same or very similar to what is in cup cars.

OMP cup car steeringwheel. Just because it actually comes out far enough to get a proper fit.

Some cages will fit sunroof cars, mine does. In fact, mine fits all 996 and 997 carrera, turbo, gt3, etc. Some do not.

If you have specific questions let me know in a PM.

-Alex
Old 04-30-2017, 06:31 PM
tlisotta
Rennlist Member

Thanks Alex! I will PM ya with a few questions.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 482 Likes on 226 Posts

I have the "GT2" Porsche carbon fiber seats + GMG rollbar. Didn't want to go with Halo seats to retain daily driveability Getting the rollbar in was a yuge PITA, managed to crack my windshield while doing it.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:40 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

You might check over in the Racing/DE forum as well. There are gurus over there that will have relevant advice.

-td
Old 05-03-2017, 10:54 AM
tlisotta
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. Will do

Quick Reply: Anyone running a 997 with Track Seats, Roll Bar, etc.