Sponsored by:

swaybar rec's for street use? .2 C4

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 05:01 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default swaybar rec's for street use? .2 C4

I am to upgrade the base non-PASM suspension to Bilstein B8's and H&R springs, hearing that this is a good combo. I am looking for a well handling street setup; coilovers are unnecessary as far as the extra expense goes, and the H&R height should be perfect. The person doing the work suggested I do sway bars at the same time, thought it would really dial in the handing, as long as I didn't go overboard with the sway bar thickness.

For those who have done a suspension upgrade for street use, would you upgrade the sways at the same time? If so, what would be a good reasonable sway bar option that doesn't beat the crap out of the driver? Keep in mind this is a C4.

We did it on my wife's 3-series (Dinan) and it transformed the car. I don't know
if this is the case for a 997 however. If it isn't going to be an improvement for aggressive weekend driving, then I will pass. My mechanic has a background mainly in 911 race setup, so he may be coming from a different place than many on the forum.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:10 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

You will never notice upgraded sways on a street car. However, if you want to blow the cash:
GMG
Tarett
TPC
OEM GT2/3

Those are your options and all except the OEM GT sways are bolt on. The GT sways will require a spacer that BBi makes.. also sold on Terett's website (i think rennline sells the spacer too).

Quick Reply: swaybar rec's for street use? .2 C4