Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biltstein B8 + H&R springs: what else needed for install?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 12:09 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Biltstein B8 + H&R springs: what else needed for install?

I am going to try my first suspension install, and would like some advice. I am not tracking the car (997.2 3.6L) and the previous owner has installed H&R springs, so I want to pull those, install B8's from Bilstein, and mount using the H&R. It should be a nice, responsive ride from what I hear, and I had great luck with the Bilstein HD upgrade on my 328i as well. The car is poorly damped at the moment.

Aside from ordering the B8's (left front, right front, and 2 rears), and re-using the H&R's; which parts do I need to pick up in advance? My biggest fear is to start pulling the car apart, only to find that I am missing some key bolts or other essential parts. I have a Porsche dealer down the street, but it is a small store and who knows if they would have this stuff in stock.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:22 AM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 173 Posts

There are several inexpensive parts I would replace while you are in there. I posted the parts list I used here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...r-install.html
Old 05-03-2017, 12:05 AM
LukeBme
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you need to replace the upper strut mounts? I'm curious as I'm about to upgrade to a B8 + H&R or Eibach setup.

Quick Reply: Biltstein B8 + H&R springs: what else needed for install?