Sponsored by:

Hot Start Slow Crank Finally Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017 | 06:28 PM
spaghetto
Rennlist Member

Default Hot Start Slow Crank Finally Resolved

Hello Rennlist,

This is my first post. I have been learning a lot about my car from reading all of the threads on here.

I got my 05 C2S (first Porsche for me ) back in November and have been loving it except for the fact that it progressively got worse to the point that it wouldn't start when hot.

After a new starter cable, starter, and battery, I have finally found the culprit.

New +Battery Lead and the pin that it connects to in the power distributor have officially cured my Porsche! I no longer have to worry about stopping for a fill up!

This seems to be a known issue as there are repair kits from Porsche for them but it was a little hard to find any info about it.

Here are the part #'s and a picture of the old "current bolt"

997 610 916 00 - Current Bolt R-Kit

997 612 908 01 - R-Kit Cable Loom

The new bolt is threaded on both ends and seems to be a much better solution than the quick disconnect that was on it originally.

Now to move on to the PASM failure that came up after 3 months with my brand new B16 Damptronics. Computer is telling me that I have 3 bad shock valves. I refuse to believe this considering that they are new. Any thoughts on this one?

Old 03-21-2019 | 06:08 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-28-2019 | 05:38 PM
Mr. Clean
Advanced

Got my starter out and it tested fine although the Indy mentioned that they don’t have a way to test it hot obviously. Going to rebuild the starter and grab the cable. Kill all the birds!

- Edit -

I'm having second thoughts on replacing the cable. The boot and everything looks perfect. I may stick with just the starter replacement. Thoughts?

Last edited by Mr. Clean; 09-28-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Hot Start Slow Crank Finally Resolved