Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FlyingDuckTail (997 wing) VIDEO Images and more!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 09:27 PM
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by andino
I got the Bayson R wing a while back and ended up returning it. It needed a lot of work to fit and it didn't have the third brake light provision for when the wing pops up. The grill is all fiberglass and my sample needed a lot of work to get to a state where I would be comfortable using it on my car. The OG flying ducktail uses a metal grill instead of fiberglass. The Bayon R is only ~500 though compared to like 1200 for the Flying Ducktail when it was available. I've seen a couple of the Bayon R ducks finished and they look good from the photos but the grill always bothers me. I might revisit again but at the time, I wasn't prepared to take on the amount of work needed to finish it but it seems clear that the Flying Ducktail is dead so there aren't any other option these days.

Here are the photos of the piece I received. Def needed a lot more work if you want the TBL provision added and a good looking grill. https://photos.app.goo.gl/whBGgacvQpBSxVgTA
Ohhh yeah, that looks bad
Old 04-10-2022, 10:51 PM
RAdkins
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, for the late reply. Mine looks just like the photos from @andino . I’m planning on having the grill fabricated out of metal then probably powder coated. I’m not in a rush as the flying duck tail’s not in production any more and I like the look compared to a regular duck tail.

Quick Reply: FlyingDuckTail (997 wing) VIDEO Images and more!