PASM error, stuck in sport mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 02:33 PM
Rob_G
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PASM error, stuck in sport mode

Hello all,
Has anyone had any experience with this error? This error displays as soon as I roll a few feet. The PASM error displays and suspension is in it's stiff mode. Hitting sports mode button gives a sports error.

I have a 2006 C4S with H&R lowering springs. I've read it could be cable, struts, etc.

Has anyone had experience with this? What did you replace to resolve it and what was the cost?

TIA
Old 04-15-2017, 03:47 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

If one of the PASM shock wires is backwards or disconnected it will throw an error and default to full stiff.

Did it work fine then all of a sudden start throwing this error (check for loose connectors)? Or did it start just after installing the H&R lowering springs (check for connectors installed backwards)?
Old 04-15-2017, 04:16 PM
Rob_G
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by semicycler
If one of the PASM shock wires is backwards or disconnected it will throw an error and default to full stiff.

Did it work fine then all of a sudden start throwing this error (check for loose connectors)? Or did it start just after installing the H&R lowering springs (check for connectors installed backwards)?
I've had the springs for over two years and just one day out of the blue it started throwing this error up every time I drive it. I don't know if the springs shortened the life of my gear or what. I have 60k miles on the car.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:04 PM
motopix
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No way to tell if the springs shortened the shocks life. Could have been a bad bump at some point or just faulty electronics. 60k isn't a terribly short life for a shock.

Quick Reply: PASM error, stuck in sport mode