Sponsored by:

New Battery Airbag Light On

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 12:34 AM
zigs
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Battery Airbag Light On

Long time reader first time posting. After a lot of reading, I purchased a 2010 C4S with 34,000 miles, I got it last October did not get many miles on it before winter. Put the charger on it before the first start up this spring, turned the key, and instantly went dead. Original battery 7 years to be expected. Removed battery picked up a new battery, installed fired up right away, but the airbag light was on, and is still on after a couple weeks and 200 miles. Is getting a durametric the only option to reset the light? My closest dealer is a 4 hour drive, so that is not an option for me I would rather spend the 300 on a durametric. I should have bought it originally, I bought the Creader 7 which worked great to reset the service light after my oil change this spring, but I am pretty sure it will do nothing for the airbag light.

Also do not think it could be possible, but I did install BBE center muffler delete pipes, and Fister mufflers at the same time as the rest of the 40K service before I tried to start it, but there cannot be an airbag sensor in the rear (I removed the rear bumper) that I could have missed hooking back up is there? After reading I see that a few people have gotten the airbag light, after battery replacement so I assume that is why it is on.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:25 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Edit: Apparently the Icarsoft will not reset the airbag light.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:50 AM
hurricanesteve
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Getting durametric may be cheaper for you than a four hour drive and paying a dealer to do something (depending on how you value your time). This happened to me, and unfortunate coincidence was that a FRONT impact sensor died (only had 20Kish miles on the car at the time). Durametric let me reset the light, but the dead sensor would light it up again.

Just get durametric...it's nice to have it for situations like this.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:05 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

You can rent a dura pro from ebay for $99 for ten days. i did this to code a few things.
It sometimes is unavailable in an ebay search because it's rented out. it pops up from time to time if you check back. otherwise, just buy one.

This same thing happened to me when i removed my battery to store the car the first winter I had it. Dealer reset it for me for free though after playing dumb. Took 3 minutes to do.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:28 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by captainbaker
Edit: Apparently the Icarsoft will not reset the airbag light.
The Icarsoft did reset the passenger airbag light on my wifes 12 Cayenne. FYI

Quick Reply: New Battery Airbag Light On