Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drivers side headlight more dim than passenger side?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 11:07 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts
Default drivers side headlight more dim than passenger side?

Just noticed that my drivers side is not as bright as the other side. Anyone know what may be the cause?

I use to have an M3 that one side would go out ever once in a while and I guess it was the igniter that was going bad. But this one goes on every time with no issues, it is just more dim. I bought the car used, so I don't know if perhaps someone changed a bulb and maybe used a different quality or lower output unit.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:29 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 784 Posts

HID headlight bulbs lose intensity as they age, and the color temperature changes. Sometimes, for whatever reason, one headlight changes faster than the other. I'd recommend two new bulbs. They aren't that expensive, and then you'll know if that's the issue.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:52 AM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
HID headlight bulbs lose intensity as they age, and the color temperature changes. Sometimes, for whatever reason, one headlight changes faster than the other. I'd recommend two new bulbs. They aren't that expensive, and then you'll know if that's the issue.
I just read that while doing a search and that's exactly what I was thinking anyone have a quick reference for the bulb type?

Quick Reply: drivers side headlight more dim than passenger side?