Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carnewal Exchange Sport Cats. Who's done it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017 | 06:57 PM
drockzcity
Instructor

Default Carnewal Exchange Sport Cats. Who's done it?

Been wanting to pick up a set of Hi Flow Cats and I've searched the popular options just like everyone else. So far AWE is at the top of the list for me just for the fact that there is no low end torque loss.

Just wanted to know if anyone has actually done the 200 cel Sport Cat exchange through Carnewal. From Gert himself he states, 12-15hp gains and 25-30% increase in sound. I haven't been able to find sound clips or any other info on these. So, for those who have done this, how do you like them, sound, performance, etc...

Overall it sounds like a great option and considering that I live in CA it looks "factory" on the outside for smog checks. Let me know your opinions please! TIA.
Old 03-02-2017 | 09:05 PM
jeff0093
Advanced

I would like to know more info on this, looking for alittle more volume on my 06 C4S with PSE.
Old 03-02-2017 | 09:22 PM
drockzcity
Instructor

Originally Posted by jeff0093
I would like to know more info on this, looking for alittle more volume on my 06 C4S with PSE.
You can check here or email Gert himself if you have questions. http://www.carnewal.com/products/P97...nge-Sport-Cats
Old 03-02-2017 | 11:38 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Its still a modification of the OEM cats which is not legal. I hope he markets them as off road use only in CA or he will get in trouble.
Old 03-03-2017 | 08:09 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DC911S
Its still a modification of the OEM cats which is not legal. I hope he markets them as off road use only in CA or he will get in trouble.
I doubt CARB will create trouble for a vendor in Belgium...but who knows.
Old 03-03-2017 | 08:28 AM
idlook2
Rennlist Member

I sent mine to Carnewal this winter. Gert is easy to work with and turned the cats around in 1 day. I looked at all of the available options and this is the cheapest way to get HJS cats. I would definitely go this route over buying no name cat pipes on EBay for around the same price.

Fitment: The welds look great and the cats still fit perfectly. Gert must have a jig to keep everything in place while he cuts and welds the cats.

Sound: The same as any other crossover 200 cel cat. I think a little louder than stock but not obnoxious.

Cost: Return shipping from Gert was $55, my cost to ship the cats was $110 (Gert must have a high volume shipping account with huge discounts). Be warned, if you ship via USPS, they will sit in customs for weeks. FedEx clears customs in about a day.
Attached Images   
Old 03-03-2017 | 11:01 AM
rebrewer
Rennlist Member

I haven't done these cats but have done business with Gert. He's as good as they get.
Old 03-03-2017 | 03:59 PM
drockzcity
Instructor

Originally Posted by idlook2
I sent mine to Carnewal this winter. Gert is easy to work with and turned the cats around in 1 day. I looked at all of the available options and this is the cheapest way to get HJS cats. I would definitely go this route over buying no name cat pipes on EBay for around the same price.

Fitment: The welds look great and the cats still fit perfectly. Gert must have a jig to keep everything in place while he cuts and welds the cats.

Sound: The same as any other crossover 200 cel cat. I think a little louder than stock but not obnoxious.

Cost: Return shipping from Gert was $55, my cost to ship the cats was $110 (Gert must have a high volume shipping account with huge discounts). Be warned, if you ship via USPS, they will sit in customs for weeks. FedEx clears customs in about a day.
Thanks for the info! Do you have any other mods besides the upgraded cat system? Exhaust, headers, etc? Really looking to get more sound and performance overall by doing this upgrade and adding it to my existing set up.
Old 03-03-2017 | 08:46 PM
idlook2
Rennlist Member

My exhaust is completely stock otherwise. I'm sure the 200 cel cats add a little volume, but it's not a huge difference. Probably about what you are looking for.
Old 03-03-2017 | 10:22 PM
vern1
Race Car

It adds more than a little volume. Hres mine with x51 headers and a gundo. Pretty ****tie video but I was just testing out a new cam but you get the idea. This is from the inside with the windows about 1/4 down

Quick Reply: Carnewal Exchange Sport Cats. Who's done it?