Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

47k service

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017 | 05:27 PM
TheLex
Instructor

Default 47k service

I purchased my GTS from Ron Tonkin Motorsports in OR about 2 years ago, haven't had much time to actually drive the thing. I'm about to change that :-)

Unfortunately it didn't come with service records. I had a PPI done before the purchase and I had the local dealer give the car a once over before the warranty expired. However I was not that impressed with that dealership. So I need to look for an independent. I see that IPB Autosport in Sacramento is recommended. Since I'm closer to Folsom, are there any independents out this way that RLers have had good experience with?

Also as I'm at about 47k mi, what service should I have done? Oil and filter for sure. Plugs? Brake fluid flush?

Porsche lists a minor service should be done every 2 years. I'm not sure what that consists of.

How much should I expect to pay for these services?

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2017 | 05:55 PM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

I was kind of in the same boat. Bought mine with 46k miles and no service history. I could've tackled some of the items myself, but I decided to go with a fresh start and get the major service done by the dealer so I could see what condition they thought the car was in. I paid 1600. During the service they found two cracked coils and a cracked coolent tank. Since I was getting the service done, no charge for labor for those two things. Bought me some peace of mind.
Old 02-20-2017 | 06:26 PM
DC911S
Drifting

It's the major service which is about 1600 as mentioned. That's all you mentioned and air filters and pollen filter. So oil and filter, spark plugs, brake fluid flush and fill, top off other fluids. Read ECU for any codes. You might need wipers too.
Old 02-21-2017 | 01:44 AM
TheLex
Instructor

OK the airbox air filter and cabin air filters appear pretty simple to change. I can definitely DIY those.

Oil filter kind of looks like a PITA without a lift. But I did see a thread on here where someone made their own ramps with stacked 2x12 lumber - the LumberRamp. Maybe I tackle that eventually as well.

Plugs I will definitely leave to the mechanic. It appears you have to remove the rear wheels and side mufflers to get to the coil packs and spark plugs. Being a GTS, I have centerlocks and those are enough of a PITA to remove alone, never mind the mufflers.

Also being a 2011 car, it looks like my PDK is due for an oil change. That's a chunk of change. There's a thread on that here on RL but this looks like something else best left to the mechanic.

Anything else?

Quick Reply: 47k service