Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 06:23 PM
parlette12
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSC V1 question

Just installed my new DCS V1
I have a 2009 997.2 C4S Cab.
When I put the car in sport the PASM stays in comfort mode , where before when i hit sport mode the PASM went into sport/stiff mode. I can always hit the PASM button to getit into sport mode.

Also when i put the car in Sport Plus mode the PASM turns to Sport but you can not turn it back to comfort mode unless you put the car in standard or sport mode.

Just checking if this is right
Thanks
Old 02-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 728 Posts

Got mine just a bit ago. No manual to explain operation. PASM light tends to come on when I start the car. I believe this is based on whether it was on when I last shut the car off. I haven't noticed a problem shutting it off in Sport +, probably because the idea hasn't occurred to me.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:35 PM
parlette12
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PASM will stay on when you start the car if it was on when you last tuned the car off. Just learned this with doing it.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:27 PM
semicycler
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The DSC box controls the PASM (shocks) only, and it remembers your last setting between power cycles. The Sport button controls the engine/throttle maps. In a 997.1 it does not remember the last sport settings between power cycles.

If you truly have an early version 1.0 DSC box, you can get the firmware updated to the latest for free, just pay shipping. Contact Tom and he'll hook you up. Put your old OEM box back in for the few days to ship the DSC one out and you will be amazed at the difference in handling.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:11 PM
2011-sy-carreras
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by parlette12
Just installed my new DCS V1
I have a 2009 997.2 C4S Cab.
When I put the car in sport the PASM stays in comfort mode , where before when i hit sport mode the PASM went into sport/stiff mode. I can always hit the PASM button to getit into sport mode.

Also when i put the car in Sport Plus mode the PASM turns to Sport but you can not turn it back to comfort mode unless you put the car in standard or sport mode.

Just checking if this is right
Thanks
I have the new version of the DSC box on a 997.2 C2S and also works as you outlined. Tom at TPC confirmed that is how the new 2 mode firmware is designed to work. Also if the car is turned off with PASM in firm mode (shock light on). When I restart the car, the shocks retain the stiffer mode on start up and PASM shock on the button is Lit and does not reset to normal mode.

Last edited by 2011-sy-carreras; 02-20-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: DSC V1 question