Someone Please!! talk me into a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 02:13 AM
starvational
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thatg
LOL

Maybe I can respond to all the comments here at the same time.

I live near a canyon, but rarely get a chance to drive it. I have never been to a track, but would like too. With that said, I spend mon-friday in LA traffic and being able to open up the car on the highway when things finally clears up brings a certain sense of relief. When driving to a test drive in my 335i I took a turn going 40 and felt tons of body roll and like I was pushing the limits on the car. On the test drive of an 06 c2s I took the same turn at 70 and felt like I could have been doing 90. The weird thing is it didnt feel like I was going fast or like it was unsafe. It felt like thats what the car is supposed to do, which was incredibly impressive.

The 997s is a great car but i would compare the feel of it more to the e46 generation. IT has a very raw mechanical feel to it.

I tested a 991 and is has a more similar feel to the e9x series bmw in that its very comfortable and but still gives you all the same performance as the 997. If a 991 were closer to the 40-50 range I would ****** one up immediately. But now that the turbos have been released and all the incredible things I've been hearing about them I think I maybe drive a 996T but ultimately end up with another turbo bmw till the 991.2 has some more time to depreciate.

Thanks everyone for your input. I love the looks of the car I spend probably a half an hour a day looking at pictures of cars I drove trying to talk myself into buying one and hanging on for a year or two but can't seem to pull the trigger.
Drive them all and go with the one that gives you the most feels since that's what it's all about. Good luck with your first world problem, it's a good one to have. :
Old 02-17-2017, 09:14 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Save your money and buy the 991, without question it sounds like the right fit for you. Performance of a Porsche but at a much higher comfort level. There's no doubt Porsche is making their cars easier to drive daily with every new iteration and the 991 definitely offers that Jekyl and Hyde personality. The 997 and 911's that came before it are more raw and give you a better connection with the road but that all comes at the expense of comfort.

Quick Reply: Someone Please!! talk me into a Porsche