Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Mike Ferlito
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Member

Looking to buy a 07 911 turbo, 8,000 mile car looking for any info I should know about this model car. I have read about the water pump coolant tubes coming loose, is this a big problem ? related to miles ? hard use or what ?
The car has been stored in climate controlled environment and looks just like new.
Only services has been once a year oil changes. Still has original tries with "0" cracking
Thanks For any input
Thanks Mike
Old 02-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Tom Feldmann
Instructor

Hey Mike,
Might wanna ask this in the Turbo forum. https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum-139/

Good luck!
Old 02-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Mike Ferlito
AutoX

Default comment

Thanks, kinda new at this
Mike
Old 02-11-2017, 09:26 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Ferlito
Looking to buy a 07 911 turbo, 8,000 mile car looking for any info I should know about this model car. I have read about the water pump coolant tubes coming loose, is this a big problem ? related to miles ? hard use or what ?
The car has been stored in climate controlled environment and looks just like new.
Only services has been once a year oil changes. Still has original tries with "0" cracking
Thanks For any input
Thanks Mike
Just one comment about the car having original tires. Even though you see no cracking you should absolutely plan on replacing them. The tires will be very hard. At 10 years old they are well past the maximum recommended lifetime of 6 years. Beyond just 10 years of normal aging, at 8000 miles you'll have gotten some amount heat cycle aging as well.

The traction difference with be tremendous, and with a 911 Turbo you'll want as much traction as you can get, plus the ride quality will be better. I'll leave the rest of it up to the Turbo guys.

Quick Reply: New Member