997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 997.2 C2S 60K Mile Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017 | 11:03 AM
Stanisl0ve
Advanced

Sorry for double post - I'm not seeing any of your guys mention the PDCC, which Road Scholars suggested I change. This is a very large repair dollar-wise it seems. RS suggested it should be changed at the 60K mile mark / every six years...any thoughts?
Old 01-04-2017 | 11:43 AM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Stanisl0ve
Sorry for double post - I'm not seeing any of your guys mention the PDCC, which Road Scholars suggested I change. This is a very large repair dollar-wise it seems. RS suggested it should be changed at the 60K mile mark / every six years...any thoughts?
My initial thought....
How do you have PDCC on a 997? LOL

PDCC was introduced with the 991. It's not a maintenance item, if it breaks or fails, the car is still good to go, you just have a PDCC that doesn't work. It's just like used shocks. They go bad over time but you can still drive the car forever on blown shocks.
Old 01-04-2017 | 11:45 AM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

FYI, I think I paid $90 or so at my indy to change the Serpentine belt (997.2). The car was having some coolant pipe replaced so I had them change the belt. I normally DIY simple stuff like, filters, oil, brake fluid, brakes. The belt was a Porsche belt, so it cost a lot more than the Continental belt you can get on Amazon for $30 or so.
Old 01-04-2017 | 01:06 PM
Stanisl0ve
Advanced

Originally Posted by 3Series
My initial thought....
How do you have PDCC on a 997? LOL

PDCC was introduced with the 991. It's not a maintenance item, if it breaks or fails, the car is still good to go, you just have a PDCC that doesn't work. It's just like used shocks. They go bad over time but you can still drive the car forever on blown shocks.
Thanks, that's odd. He said PDCC / power steering reservoir...not sure those are actually the same thing or related. In the quote, it says "Power steering fluid reservoir" and "Pentosin CHF 202 power steering fluid".
Old 01-04-2017 | 02:40 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Stanisl0ve
Thanks, that's odd. He said PDCC / power steering reservoir...not sure those are actually the same thing or related. In the quote, it says "Power steering fluid reservoir" and "Pentosin CHF 202 power steering fluid".
Interesting they would say anything obout the power steering system. Any time you take your car to the dealer for a maintenance, they usually charge you for an inspection and check fluid levels like power steering. I am unaware the the power steering system has any maintenence items at all other than checking fluid level.

BTW, my 2009 has a pinhole leak in the power steering reservoir... it went dry once, I filled it and never had to add in the last few years. I see and cleaned up goop under the tank..... I think the interface between the tank and the metal housing is the culprit. I was going to replace the tank, but you have to remove a ton of stuff like AC and such.... forget it... for now.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 01-04-2017 | 02:41 PM
Stanisl0ve
Advanced

Thanks Bruce. I just spoke to the guy and he was mistaken - was looking at the manual checklist for the 991...happens to the best of us.

Quick Reply: 2010 997.2 C2S 60K Mile Service