Sponsored by:

Airbag Codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Airbag Codes

Symptom: Upon start up my seatbelt light flashes 10 times and then extinguishes.

A previous owner didn't believe in seatbelts and had the dealer turn off the chime. Does this explain the flashes? I searched the forums and know the number of flashes relates to airbag status but I couldn't find anything solid. I also learned some owners will disable the airbags for track use. My worry is the previous owner also didn't believe in airbags. Have I been rolling around without airbags?
Old 12-25-2016, 12:40 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Take it to the dealer and have them check. The only way to know for sure.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:29 AM
bloomjbmw
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Same here

Originally Posted by Hula
Symptom: Upon start up my seatbelt light flashes 10 times and then extinguishes.

A previous owner didn't believe in seatbelts and had the dealer turn off the chime. Does this explain the flashes? I searched the forums and know the number of flashes relates to airbag status but I couldn't find anything solid. I also learned some owners will disable the airbags for track use. My worry is the previous owner also didn't believe in airbags. Have I been rolling around without airbags?
I noticed the same thing on my 997.2. I think it may be the seat belt chime disabled because I just borrowed a Durametric cable and disabled my seatbelt chime and turned on the indicator used as turn signal option.

Fwiw I do agree with Seatbelt use; just don't want to hear the chime...
Old 12-25-2016, 03:32 PM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by bloomjbmw
I noticed the same thing on my 997.2. I think it may be the seat belt chime disabled because I just borrowed a Durametric cable and disabled my seatbelt chime and turned on the indicator used as turn signal option.

Fwiw I do agree with Seatbelt use; just don't want to hear the chime...
Thanks. That's what I figured. Reading the forums too much turns me into a worrywart.

Quick Reply: Airbag Codes