Sponsored by:

C2s Cab driver rear quarter glass frame piece buzzes at hwy speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 06:22 PM
JasonNY
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C2s Cab driver rear quarter glass frame piece buzzes at hwy speed

Hey guys I've been having an issue of buzzing noise in the seal piece between the driver's door window and rear quarter window. It's somewhat intermittent but almost always an issue at highway speeds. I've had both Braman and West Broward Porsche try to fix it when I had it in for service or another issue. Braman couldn't diagnose anything, however West Broward did, said "left rear qtr glass out of adjustment" but the problem persists. I think at this point I just need to buy a new piece and have an independent mech put it in. Any other ideas? Does anyone have a parts diagram to find that part on a 997.2 c2s cab? thx
Attached Images  
Old 12-10-2016, 11:01 AM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure that is where the buzzing is coming from? My convertible top was rattling and buzzing from multiple areas until my dealer showed me where to lube various areas to eliminate the noises. The two areas causing the most problems were the rubber gaskets along the rear and front edges of the top where they rest on the top of the windshield and along the rear deck. I also lube the rubber gaskets along the windows, etc. My top is noise free now and I just lube it once every 6 months to keep it that way.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Check so that the metal piece on the inside of the cab roof is fixed tight. There is a separate metal "plate" a little bit "banana shaped" that was loose - I had rattling noise and one of them almost fell of in my hand. The other was completely loose as well. I fixed the bolts with loctite.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:21 PM
JasonNY
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beden1, it's def that piece. I can just press it with my finger and make it stop or when it annoys me enough on long drives I stick a business card in between the glass and that piece.

racetwin2, it seems like the inside metal part is tight. It's the craziest thing really.
Attached Images  
Old 12-13-2016, 02:50 AM
Comanche_699
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Check around page 171-172

Illustration: 801-65

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...-2_KATALOG.pdf

Maybe something there for you.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: C2s Cab driver rear quarter glass frame piece buzzes at hwy speed