Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat swap question...power/heated seats from 2007 GT3 fit in my 09 C4S???

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:11 PM
sadcaper
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Seat swap question...power/heated seats from 2007 GT3 fit in my 09 C4S???

I have the standard power heated/cooled seats in my 09 C4S. However, wanted to upgrade seats to the "sport" seats from day one as the standard seats are just not wide enough at the shoulder. I believe the sport seats are wider up top.

Anyway, came across some seats from an 07 GT3. The seats are power, heated with alcantara. These are not the sport bucket seats, but the regular powered sport seats (sport adaptive?). Should this be an easy swap? Same harness? What about airbag? I heard of some possible airbag issues when swapping seats?

Anything else to consider??? I will lose cooling functionality of my seats, but I suppose that's OK. I live in MN so wouldn't use it a ton anyway. Heated is much more important.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by sadcaper; 12-01-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:23 PM
sadcaper
Advanced

Hmmmm no replies. Either I'm missing some key info or no one knows. Any help appreciated!
Old 12-01-2016, 08:30 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 139 Posts

Should go right in but dealer may have to activate the controls.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Cbst09
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 09 C4s that came with the carbon sport bucket seats and I swapped in a set of adaptive sport seats with alcantara that came from a GT3. It was a simple plug and play swap. Since I did not have heated seats or memory in my sport buckets I was not able to retain that function from the seats I put in but everything else worked perfectly
Old 12-01-2016, 10:54 PM
sadcaper
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cbst09
I have a 09 C4s that came with the carbon sport bucket seats and I swapped in a set of adaptive sport seats with alcantara that came from a GT3. It was a simple plug and play swap. Since I did not have heated seats or memory in my sport buckets I was not able to retain that function from the seats I put in but everything else worked perfectly
​​​​​​
Awesome thanks. Did you have any airbag warnings? Apparently that can be an issue when switching seats? Not sure why. No airbag sensor in some seats?
Old 12-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Cbst09
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No airbag warnings. Do not put the key in the ignition at all during the seat swap procedure and you won't get an airbag warning light, in fact it is probably a good idea to disconnect the battery. the airbag sensor is in the passenger seat only and all Porsche seats in the 997 have the passenger seat airbag sensor. There are two plugs to connect on the passenger seat and 1 connector on the driver's seat
Old 12-02-2016, 03:42 PM
sadcaper
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cbst09
No airbag warnings. Do not put the key in the ignition at all during the seat swap procedure and you won't get an airbag warning light, in fact it is probably a good idea to disconnect the battery. the airbag sensor is in the passenger seat only and all Porsche seats in the 997 have the passenger seat airbag sensor. There are two plugs to connect on the passenger seat and 1 connector on the driver's seat
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Seat swap question...power/heated seats from 2007 GT3 fit in my 09 C4S???