Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Price Inflation

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 07:40 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

In the early 80s my dad had a 911SC. It was no where NEAR the investment a new 911 is. Up until recently, as I envy over the car mags reading about 911s, I figured I would never own one. I can't afford a $150k car (most of the recent tests seem to be on optioned out cars that end up close to that price). It was rather depressing knowing what I make and how hard I work and that I may never get to own my "dream car". I was almost afraid to even look at used prices of 997, assuming that they would still be extremely expensive. I was driving an E46 M3 at the time. I bought that car with less than 30,000 miles for $30k cash and have had no car payments so I was enjoying that.

Well, as I started to look what I might replace my M3 with in the future, Used E90 M3, M2, etc....I took a gander to see what 997 used sold for and was surprised to see them in the $40-60k range. So after I was getting fed up with the direction of the M cars (larger, heavier, turbos, fake engine noises, etc...) I was stoked to realize I could sell my M for around $20k and gather some other pennies between the couch cushins and end up with a car payment that is less than most people have on a Toyota or Honda.

So happy I found a way to get one, as it has always been the car I wanted.

Quick Reply: Porsche Price Inflation