Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best car scent product? Rodent made a home on my cabin filter, car smells like death

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 08:34 PM
patriot993
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rodH
Interesting since we have had several Honda/Acura products as well as my parent and my kids, NEVER had this issue. Our 3rd car is a pilot and it now lives outside and 179k miles later, never a problem. I guess being in south OC, the rodents here prefer to live in a Pcar
Not sure what year your Pilot is, but based on what I saw in forums online, older (early 2000's CR-V's and I believe Pilots) had gaps that allowed mice in. Subarus also seemed to have the issue.

I try not to leave my CR-V outside for more than a couple days. A couple of years ago I had to haul the Boy Scouts to summer camp in Tennessee (+6 hour drive) with a dead mouse family somewhere in the car...they got especially ripe the week we were at camp and the drive home was even more fun ;-)
Old 09-27-2016, 09:39 PM
rodH
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by patriot993
Not sure what year your Pilot is, but based on what I saw in forums online, older (early 2000's CR-V's and I believe Pilots) had gaps that allowed mice in. Subarus also seemed to have the issue.

I try not to leave my CR-V outside for more than a couple days. A couple of years ago I had to haul the Boy Scouts to summer camp in Tennessee (+6 hour drive) with a dead mouse family somewhere in the car...they got especially ripe the week we were at camp and the drive home was even more fun ;-)
ouch. Pilot is 2006. Daughter has a 1998 CRV.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:54 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it makes you feel better, I killed my offender last night. Set the trap under the front of my 997 on the ground.

Quick Reply: Best car scent product? Rodent made a home on my cabin filter, car smells like death