Sponsored by:

PDK service at Dealer pending

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 03:24 PM
syzygy333
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PDK service at Dealer pending

OK I bit the bullet, visited Porsche san diego and spoke w/service manager about the clutch oil change. I felt reassured enough to schedule appt. 9/20.

I will certainly report my post service impression.

One question: some have said to NOT get the software upgrade which is usually part of the service. The programming can't be reversed once installed?

I am happy with the shift characteristics now.
any pro/con?
Old 09-13-2016, 03:30 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,208 Likes on 775 Posts

If you are happy, make sure that they write on the work order that they are to NOT update the software. It is not reversible and the new stuff softens the shift.

I forget what yours is, but if you have a 2009 or early 2010 there may be a problem removing the drain plug that will require a new pan. Make sure they have a pan (and plug) in stock. Make sure they try to remove the plug first, so if it comes out clean you don't need to buy the pan. If so, you will still want the new plug. The pan can not be re-used, so once it is removed it is trash.

Good luck, and do report back.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Airbag997
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 271 Posts

I recently simultaneously serviced and installed the SC software with my PDK. In short, it shifts much smoother, and Sports Plus kicks me in the back on upshifts. I opted to have the latest software and they performed a calibration routine. I know others have stated a difference, but IMHO even with the new software it is still "sharp" enough.

09 C2S with 14k miles at time of service.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:47 PM
syzygy333
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do have the early (09) pan. we did discuss this possibility. hope only need a new plug.
smoother shifts? I know with a "conventional" transmission, crisper shifts mean longer clutch pack life.
I wonder how these "smoother shifts" affect the life of the transmission?
well, obviously I am still learning, I do know squat, plus 10 percent at this point, about PDK

Quick Reply: PDK service at Dealer pending