Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alumalook/silver on painted rear center console pics?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:53 PM
kimchee411
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alumalook/silver on painted rear center console pics?

My scuffed up console annoys me every time I get in my car but I'm kind of torn between Classic 9 Leather Shop covering or Bumper Plugs alumalook paint. I prefer the look and feel of leather, but I think the paint would be much more durable and scratch resistant (I have 3 and 6 year old kids), cheaper, and I wouldn't be without a console a month+ while getting covered. Plus I wouldn't have to find the initial shipping materials and box to ship in.

I haven't been impressed by most of the painted console photos I've seen as it seems to stand out too much from the rest of the interior. I saw a photo this morning and it looked really good. I think maybe it seemed to stick out to me before because most pictures are up close to show the work.

Can those who have painted silver or alumalook consoles on black interior post a couple medium distance pics? From the sides and from the front looking toward the rear would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-09-2016, 12:25 AM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm also interested in hearing from people who have had the alumalook console for a while. I have sand beige interior and have been successfully touching it up with Home Depot paint formulated from a scan of the ashtray lid I brought inside the store. But at some point if I do decide to change it out, the alumalook appeals to me esthetically, from pics I've seen. However my thought is it would be impossible to touch up a scratch, as I had a little chip on one of the alumalook steering wheel trim pieces and was never able to blend it invisibly. I know the bumperplugs paintjob is durable, but it's not invulnerable, and would not want to commit to something I would need to r/r and repaint the whole console if something happened to scratch it.

Quick Reply: Alumalook/silver on painted rear center console pics?