Sponsored by:

Pro-Tip: Double check antenna wire when installing Tranzit Blue

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 01:32 PM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pro-Tip: Double check antenna wire when installing Tranzit Blue

So I'm having problems with my Handbrake electrical wiring. I recently took apart the center console to get to the handbrake switch and tracked the wires up behind the PCM head unit. So I removed that and while pulling it out the antenna wire popped right off the back of the PCM. I had installed the Tranzit Blu about a year ago and it works fine but the sound was always crap and I had nothing to compare it to since the car was still new to me. The antenna wire connector is pretty flakey and even when fully seated it is still pretty loose.

So I resecured the antenna wire and put it back in after discovering this wasn't giving me any more access to the handbrake wires.

I put everything back and went for a drive and noticed that both the radio and my bluetooth streaming music sounds Much much better! Granted it is still not the best sounding car stereo but the improvement in sound and the radio's ability to tune in stations is noticeable.

So check that antenna wire before putting your head unit back in the car!
Old 09-03-2016, 01:34 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

^^ great tip. Thanks,
Old 09-06-2016, 07:58 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Even better, after making sure it is really inserted all the way, wrap with a bit of electrical tape to keep things tight for years to come...

Quick Reply: Pro-Tip: Double check antenna wire when installing Tranzit Blue