Sponsored by:

2011 Carrera with 17 inch wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 07:56 PM
poorshe
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 Carrera with 17 inch wheels

The advantage to me of a non S is running 17 inch wheels. I originally bought them for the winter but preferred the way they look over the 18's which looked smaller to me. You never know until you see them. I have 19's which also looked good but a little loud and harsher riding. This is a daily driver and I cant tell any difference in handling running Michelin all season A/3. With any set of tires the car is more fun to drive at all speeds than any car I have every had. I assume I could tell the difference at the track but never happening.
Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2016, 08:14 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by poorshe
The advantage to me of a non S is running 17 inch wheels. I originally bought them for the winter but preferred the way they look over the 18's which looked smaller to me. You never know until you see them. I have 19's which also looked good but a little loud and harsher riding. This is a daily driver and I cant tell any difference in handling running Michelin all season A/3. With any set of tires the car is more fun to drive at all speeds than any car I have every had. I assume I could tell the difference at the track but never happening.
The disadvantage is Non S.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:22 AM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The "big wheel BS" is just that...rarely, except on a race car, will you need anything more than 17s and 18s. Of course Porsche has gotten into the bad habit of wretched excess in almost every area of technology...and it all makes the car more likely to be totaled for a completely repairable accident. And it adds tons of items that can break and cost the second owner a fortune. And it locks the owner in to more frequently having to use OEM parts. And it makes the cars so expensive that even people who can afford them don't want to take the depreciation hit and so they lease them, often through Porsche Finance which means they are making money from just about every end. All this is why the old cars are bringing so much money. They are real and simple and functional...just the way Ferry and the gang liked to build them. But those days are gone.

Quick Reply: 2011 Carrera with 17 inch wheels