Sponsored by:

Differen hight on front axle between left and right side

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016 | 12:47 PM
peter-997
Advanced

Default Differen hight on front axle between left and right side

Hi Guys,

I'm searching for the reason why my 997.2 C2 Coupe is on the left side 10mm lower as on the right side.
I mean there is more space between tyre and fender/wing on the right front side of the car.
The 911 comes with the standard suspension but with 30mm Eibach springs.
The springs are not the reason I've changed them to new ones.
If the car is cold and I drive back from my garage to the street I will hear a knock from the right side.
I know this sound from older days when I lower my cars with springs. It sounds like the spring is setting to right position.
But I'm not sure because perhaps the knocking sound and the different hight has the same source and I am a little afraid to drive the car because I don't want that anything is breaking when I drive fast on German Autobahn :-)

Thanks for Your help.
Peter
Old 08-12-2016 | 05:37 PM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

not sure if you meant it is lower on one side at both the front and the rear.

Irrespective; I would jack up the left side and get a flashlight in there to check that there are no obvious missing parts. See the attached pic below showing the parts that are easily visible at the top of the assembly (front of car - I don't have a pic available of the rear assembly), when the car is jacked up even without wheel removal.

These 3 parts are the most likely candidates that could effect the height if any one of them is missing. In particular the compensating plate most frequently used is 6.5mm in the front.

Quick Reply: Differen hight on front axle between left and right side