Sponsored by:

Center console reinstall

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 05:56 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Center console reinstall

Has anybody managed to make this shifter surround sit flat, I can't seem to get mine to go flush with the center console but don't even know if it was flush to start with. I'd sure like that whole console to look better but I dunno where I'd start.

Anybody on the silver shifter trim......?
Attached Images  

Last edited by ALEV8; 07-25-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:36 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEV8
Has anybody managed to make this shifter surround sit flat, I can't seem to get mine to go flush with the center console but don't even know if it was flush to start with. Anybody......?
Hard to say without a pic ... Is it a PDK or MT? I replaced my MT shift boot surround with a MACarbon piece on my 2010 C4S Cab. When installing the new CF piece, I initially missed one of the inserts under the radio stack and it wasn't flush. I just had to slip it back out and under the stack and it was fine.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:05 AM
Sydneysixer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had some practice removing and reinstalling mine several times now. First to re-paint the centre console (several months back) and just last weekend to get at the shift assembly to install a function first shifter kit.

I found the trick when installing the silver trim surround is to first align the front tabs (on each side of the console), push the trim piece forward to seat these, and lastly install the 4 screws around the shifter opening.

Quick Reply: Center console reinstall