Sponsored by:

New(ish) Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016 | 12:22 PM
Oneday997
Pro

Default New(ish) Owner

Howdy Folks,

I purchased my first Porsche about a year ago and have been lurking around Rennlist for a bit. Figured it was time to join the party. The car is an '06, black w/ tan full leather. PASM, Sport Chrono, full leather, but other than that, a pretty basic car...no heated seats, no cd changer, no nav. Bought with 31K on the clock and have about 5K on it in the last year. Since purchasing it I've swapped the stock side markers for clears, had a paint correction completed and put on Ceramic Pro nano-coating. Also purchased a Porsche Jr. car seat for my 4 year old. During the summer she sees action about 4 days a week, then gets out in the winter only as the weather and roads allow. I dreamed about a 911 since I was about 5 years old, and the reality has been even better than the dream! What a car! Special thanks to my wife for encouraging me to take the plunge!

Looking forward to being part of the community

Oneday997
Attached Images    
Old 07-24-2016 | 04:38 PM
MkC2S
Drifting

nice ride
Old 07-24-2016 | 04:57 PM
NS911
2nd Gear

Nice car. Im hoping to come into a 2006 C4S from a friend very soon. I had a 1998 air-cooled 993 Cab which i regret selling. Have also had 3 Cayenne Turbos. Now in Audis: 2017 Q7 and 2014 SQ5. I would start with everything you have done. I've learned that keeping as close to stock or only Porsche upgrades is best to keep value. Did you use Ceramic Pro or CQuartz? I have wrapped all my front ends in Xpel Ultimate as well. The color combo I hope to acquire is same as yours. Have fun
Old 07-24-2016 | 06:00 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Black & tan - refreshing and tasty! You got a great cert, and it sounds like you have a great wife. Life is your oyster, my compadre. Now, get off the internet and drive!
T
Old 07-24-2016 | 08:21 PM
99711mike82
Advanced

Congrats sir!! She's a beauty!! I completely relate to the coveting of an iconic 911 since childhood. When I was 9 years old, I was at my dad's friends house and I stumbled upon his black 993 in his garage. From that point on, it was my dream to own a 911 "someday". As of last week, that dream has become a reality for me at 33 years old. Enjoy her in good health sir. Something about this car just gives you that kiddish giggly feeling every time you drive it. Salud sir!

P.S. Im looking for clear side markers for mine as well... Can you advise where you purchased yours and what the price range is?

Thanks.

-Mike in So Cal
Old 07-24-2016 | 09:47 PM
Oneday997
Pro

Originally Posted by NS911
Nice car. Im hoping to come into a 2006 C4S from a friend very soon. I had a 1998 air-cooled 993 Cab which i regret selling. Have also had 3 Cayenne Turbos. Now in Audis: 2017 Q7 and 2014 SQ5. I would start with everything you have done. I've learned that keeping as close to stock or only Porsche upgrades is best to keep value. Did you use Ceramic Pro or CQuartz? I have wrapped all my front ends in Xpel Ultimate as well. The color combo I hope to acquire is same as yours. Have fun
Thanks NS911! I went with Ceramic Pro. I haven't seen as much about it published as Opti Coat or CQuartz, but I've been very happy with it. It has held up well and leaves a wet looking gloss to the car that stays in tact well. I have noticed that I don't collect as much dust as I previously did and bugs come off with a quick wash much easier. Water sheets right off it so I dry by just letting a hose run over the car and that gets 90% of the water off. Good luck in your search! These machines definitely get in your blood!

Originally Posted by 99711mike82
Congrats sir!! She's a beauty!! I completely relate to the coveting of an iconic 911 since childhood. When I was 9 years old, I was at my dad's friends house and I stumbled upon his black 993 in his garage. From that point on, it was my dream to own a 911 "someday". As of last week, that dream has become a reality for me at 33 years old. Enjoy her in good health sir. Something about this car just gives you that kiddish giggly feeling every time you drive it. Salud sir!

P.S. Im looking for clear side markers for mine as well... Can you advise where you purchased yours and what the price range is?

Thanks.

-Mike in So Cal
Hey Mike - Thanks for the kind words. I completely related to your giddy feeling - I smile each and every time I drive it. I ordered the clear side markers from Suncoast parts. They were only about $40 and were very easy to install. I was scared to pull with enough force to remove the original ones, but I found a few threads on Rennlist and everyone was right...they just pop right out, plug in the blub and pop the new ones in. Took maybe 5 minutes total.

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Black & tan - refreshing and tasty! You got a great cert, and it sounds like you have a great wife. Life is your oyster, my compadre. Now, get off the internet and drive!
T
Gotta love a Black & Tan! Thanks so much! I do have a great wife, no doubt. Life is good!

May everyone enjoy every mile! We are blessed to be able to live out our dreams and drive these great machines!
Old 07-25-2016 | 12:45 PM
Ganthrithor
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Oneday997
Since purchasing it I've swapped the stock side markers for clears
You've done good work; welcome!

Quick Reply: New(ish) Owner