Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 01:27 AM
nevadakid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have purchased a replacement from OE Wheels and will have it installed. if it does not work, I will look into disabling this function, if possible.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:57 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasserkühlung
I removed my TPMS module and coded it out with durametric. Takes about 10 minutes. I am old fashion and like to check my pressures manually
Yeah, for me the main reason for TPMS is not for checking the pressure, it's a safety issue. Two weeks ago I picked up a wheel weight in my right rear (one of these old fashioned ones that go on steel rims) and had a quick loss of pressure. TPMS warned me in time so I could pull over, no damage to rim, tire is toast.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:09 PM
nevadakid
Advanced

Safety first, you are right.
I received the sensor and called firestone to have it installed but they refused because they did not provide it. I asked to buy one from them when they discovered that one sensor was missing but they said they did not carry the sensor for Porsches and may not be able to program them. They told me to go to Porsche instead.
Porsche is probably going to tell me that they did not provide the sensors so they can't do anything but will certainly offer to provide their sensors.

I am not cheap but I hate wasting money. I spend thousands of dollars on gadgets, I love that but wasting money, even a few dollars makes me uncomfortable. I did not expect my sensors to fly the car to the moon, just transmit tire pressure to the car. Not rocket science in my opinion. When I see the disparity between prices of sensors, I do not think they are justified. I will always spend more for better products (apple vs samdung or microsoft) because I see a benefit. Spending $1,000 for sensors at a Porsche dealer vs one or 2 hundred dollars online is not justified by additional capabilities.

just my 2 cheap cents.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:25 PM
Hi-Arc
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasserkühlung
I removed my TPMS module and coded it out with durametric. Takes about 10 minutes. I am old fashion and like to check my pressures manually

I am thinking of doing the same. Bought used HRE wheels with tires and TMPS cannot find sensors. Not sure if they are in sleep mode but I have a Durametric to test signal strength or disable. Does the module have to be removed to turn of TMPS?
Old 07-30-2016, 07:48 PM
Wasserkühlung
Rennlist Member

Remove module by brake master cylinder. Then turn off/disable TPMS with the durametric under TPMS menu. If I recall there may be another module menu you have to turn off TPMS. Let me know if you camt figure it out and I'll boot my Duramteric up and walk you through it. Cheers

Quick Reply: Seriously!!!