Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 12:58 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 167 Likes on 91 Posts

Hello,
The tune would not cause one O2 sensor failure in general ,as stated the P0421 and P0431 Is for Cat efficiency and is a fault generated as it checks the Cat's and its whole purpose. The fault as with any other faults a car would incur is from an actual issue. The codes as generated by Porsche in their creation and their remedy for this fault is :

This is not to say though a Post O2 sensor couldn't be bad yet would mostly been from damage from removal and reinstall, being loose or failure in its oxygen reading that is not common.

If the CEL went away after installing an O2 sensor or CAT replacement etc this would show the tune with emissions and diagnostics is working properly. The CEL was generated for an issue and then eliminated after a repair as it would have been erased or timed out and then not returning, the same would apply to a completely stock car in its diagnoses and repair as there would be no difference.

Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Old 10-14-2020, 10:27 AM
Rocketcar
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi,

Sorry for the thread resurrection but I need to take out the front O2 sensors so that I can replace the surrounding heatshields 997.113.208.30/9.30

Do these O2 sensors come out easily or do you have to take any special precautions?

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2020, 11:44 AM
EMC2
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocketcar
Hi,

Sorry for the thread resurrection but I need to take out the front O2 sensors so that I can replace the surrounding heatshields 997.113.208.30/9.30

Do these O2 sensors come out easily or do you have to take any special precautions?

Thanks!

I just did this again last month when i replaced the headers/cats. All 3 original sensors (from 2009) came out no problem, as did the one I installed a couple of years ago.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:05 PM
Rocketcar
Rennlist Member

Any tips on removing them. Did you tighten then loosen or did you go straight into loosening? I gather it's not good to use plus gas penetrating oil etc as it can contaminate the sensor?
Did you use a crowfoot - is it 22mm?
Do you use any special dialectric grease when you fit them or is this not needed?

Last edited by Rocketcar; 10-14-2020 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 12:55 PM
Rocketcar
Rennlist Member

Any tips on removing them. Did you tighten then loosen or did you go straight into loosening? I gather it's not good to use plus gas penetrating oil etc as it can contaminate the sensor?
Did you use a crowfoot - is it 22mm?
Do you use any special dialectric grease when you fit them or is this not needed?
Hi can anyone shed any light on this. I am worried I might end up having issues and dont want to damage the cat or sensor.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:59 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi can anyone shed any light on this. I am worried I might end up having issues and dont want to damage the cat or sensor.

Sensor is contained from the elements....pretty difficult to cause damage to them.

Can start with lightweight rust inhibitor like WD40, soak and let sit for a 10-20mins.

If that doesn't get it done...can try heating it.

If that fails....then something like pb blaster can be the next spray and soak.

My car is from the northeast so salt roads are common. If you live somewhere without that problem then you are already ahead of the game.

One side for me came out first crack in less than 10mins....other side took me a few hours.

Old 11-16-2020, 07:17 AM
Rocketcar
Rennlist Member

Thanks!

Do you use any special dialectric grease anywhere when you fit them or is this not needed?

Or new sealing washer?
Old 10-13-2022, 12:52 AM
Skube
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 56 Posts

I keep getting a P1094, and I think it is triggered by my long term fuel trim in back 2 spikes to 25% and that triggers this code. I have a 2009, C2/3.6L with Fabspeed Intake and IPD Plenum and Fabspeed X-pipe and Fabspeed Tune. I bought a OBDII bluetooth scanner that tracks real time data, and logged it to see that my long term fuel trims are 20%+ at idle, and go to ~9% during driving. I am wondering if anyone else has ideas, recommendations have been that my O2 sensors are going bad, or my MAF is going bad, and to replace all of them.

Thoughts?
Old 10-13-2022, 09:58 AM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I would start with a vacuum leak test. High fuel trims at idle are indicative of this
The following users liked this post:
Skube (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 10:10 AM
Skube
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboslut
I would start with a vacuum leak test. High fuel trims at idle are indicative of this
Thanks, just bought the gauge to test it out, is there a good place to tap into on our cars? I read a bit about how to do it, never done a vacuum test before, I did do a smoke test recently and didn't see any leaks, but a vacuum test is cheaper than 4x O2 sensors so Ill try that first. From what I read, if I get poor results in a vacuum test then I am going to be hunting for a bad seal or loose hose?
Old 10-13-2022, 10:30 AM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 167 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Skube
I keep getting a P1094, and I think it is triggered by my long term fuel trim in back 2 spikes to 25% and that triggers this code. I have a 2009, C2/3.6L with Fabspeed Intake and IPD Plenum and Fabspeed X-pipe and Fabspeed Tune. I bought a OBDII bluetooth scanner that tracks real time data, and logged it to see that my long term fuel trims are 20%+ at idle, and go to ~9% during driving. I am wondering if anyone else has ideas, recommendations have been that my O2 sensors are going bad, or my MAF is going bad, and to replace all of them.

Thoughts?
Hello,
Generally the P1094 or P1095 are from the plenums or a combination with them and the larger TB. It can also be a bad MAF.

Best,
Scott

Quick Reply: 997.2 Oxygen Sensor DIY Replacement