Sponsored by:

Dealer not ALWAYS worse

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 09:37 AM
Deerfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Dealer not ALWAYS worse

Got new shoes on the front on Saturday (Original equipment PS 2's) and paid $279 a tire. Tire rack is selling them for $327 a piece. Never would have expected the price break but certainly welcome (and yes I got free breakfast and a car wash)

Still haven't found the indy in my area nearby - odd as there are MANY Porsche's here - will keep looking.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:23 AM
BIG smoke
Drifting

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

Dealer is not always worse. I always try and shop dealerships with my quotes. My GM dealership is pretty fair. My BMW delaership??? $472 for a battery? $129 at Walmart. New ex5 tires? Runflats are 2230, Continentals non runflats are 1400 all in, at my indy tire shop. Do your research, spend your hard earned money where you want, with knowledge.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:53 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,642 Likes on 979 Posts

Did you try these guys in Mclean VA?

http://www.intersportautosales.com/

I think dealers need to embrace social media more.... I called one asking about an issue I was reading about on the 'net that of course made me paranoid. The service manager would not comment in any way, but just "schedule an appointment and we will look at it". I get their concern but we live in a new era now and they have to loosen up a bit. A simple comment such as "what we see is........" or something like that.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 06-13-2016, 10:56 AM
upier
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIG smoke
Dealer is not always worse. I always try and shop dealerships with my quotes. My GM dealership is pretty fair. My BMW delaership??? $472 for a battery? $129 at Walmart. New ex5 tires? Runflats are 2230, Continentals non runflats are 1400 all in, at my indy tire shop. Do your research, spend your hard earned money where you want, with knowledge.
The BMW shops hit you big for resetting the battery monitor/memory. A big rip off for a one minute computer change.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Deerfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah - familiar with Intersports - at the risk of sounding spoiled - would like someone in Bethesda/Rockville area.
Good news (or bad) is that Rockville Audi/Porsche is splitting into two buildings and the new Porsche shop will be in the complex where I live (elevator downstairs - there) - crap that is convenient. Not sure the ultimate value of that convenience however.

Quick Reply: Dealer not ALWAYS worse