997 Convertible top issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 03:32 PM
juan9999
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 997 Convertible top issues

Aloha!

I'm having some intermittent issues with my convertible top opening and closing. This has happened about once a month for the last six month.

When trying to open it, sometimes, it unlatches at the front and then stops. Sometimes when open, the cover opens, and the roof won't go up.

What seems to have solved the problem is me "shaking" the top. Or letting the car "reset" itself.

The last time it happened (stuck in open position and despite trying above tricks it did not go up) I took it to the porsche dealership here in Honolulu, and they did a quick inspection, told me the hydrolic pumps had no leaks, and they would need to book it in for service and try to look at the computer logs as it might be a sensor issue. But sure enough, as soon as I got it home, and started it the next day, it's worked flawlessly for 3 weeks now!

I was wondering if anyone had similar issues or had a clue what it might be?
Old 06-11-2016, 03:43 PM
mreloc
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Good luck with diagnosing and please let us know what you find out if you end up having to take it in for service. I'm not too familiar with Porsche tops, but BMW tops have several microswitches in the top mechanism that trigger various stages of the top opening and closing. I'd imagine the Porsche top is the same way and one of those microswitches may be a little "iffy" based on your description of being able to shake the top to resume operation.

Quick Reply: 997 Convertible top issues