Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just wondering if I paid too much?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 02:39 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

odd to me that it does not have prices of each item on the sheet. a window sticker has all the standard equip and options and all prices. It also shows the warrantee start date.
My question is, why do they call that stitching deviated? No car has the same stich color as the leather, they would normally make the red leather with white, they make black leather with white or silver etc
Old 06-08-2016, 02:55 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

I'd advise putting buyer's remorse out of your brain. It's done. Your car looks awesome. Enjoy it. I find generous use of the Sport Plus Button and twisty back country roads tend to diminish buyer's remorse!
T
Old 06-08-2016, 03:19 PM
frankyluis23
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You can never pay too much for a Porsche 911 besides the guy who bought with 0 miles paid way more then you did, lol.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Anyone who gets into a Porsche 911 in mint condition for half price did very very well. Congrats on your new car!
Old 06-08-2016, 05:08 PM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

That is not a window sticker the OP posted - it is an info sheet provided by Porsche.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Nutbutt
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The purchase is done, now come the fun part, driving with a permagrin every time you take it out. Makes my commute to and from work that much more enjoyable. Not to say that I still don't peek to see what others have been paying for comparable 911s.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 209 Likes on 141 Posts

I can understand the urge to second guess.. not really remorse, per se. I have continued to check prices and I bought my GTS nearly 3 months ago now.

It's not a bad price, considering all the interior options. Enjoy
Old 06-08-2016, 05:45 PM
red carrera
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to the club! Now, quit worrying about the past; you've got a 911! A beautiful one at that.

I don't know what the going rate is for a 40k service is in Houston, but I did it in '14 and '16 in Denver on an '06 S and '08 4S. It was $1070 in 2014 and $1150 last month for the service and brake fluid flush. I didn't bother with the plugs, but that's up to you.

You can take a nice road trip for the service price difference between dealers.

That said, I'm glad I have a dealer perform the services and keep me updated on updates:-)
Old 06-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Blu311
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

LOVE LOVE LOVE your interior!!!

Congrats again!
Old 06-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

too late anyway but yeah...good price...now just enjoy it
Old 06-08-2016, 10:27 PM
LaurenceG
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just purchased a 2009 Carrera S Coupe with 9800 miles.
Cream white, MT, natural brown leather interior, sport shifter, Bose, nav, sport chrono plus,
Sport seats, body colored (seat backs, console, dash trim, door pulls), Carrera S II wheels,
Rear wiper, blue tooth, universal interface, crests, heated seats, etc. MSRP was $109,000
Absolutely perfect: no flaws, no paint work, new Pilot Sports
Paid about 60K. Trade makes exact price hard to determine.
BTW, I think that you got a very special car at a fair price...enjoy
Old 06-09-2016, 10:48 AM
VanSant62
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
I'd advise putting buyer's remorse out of your brain. It's done. Your car looks awesome. Enjoy it. I find generous use of the Sport Plus Button and twisty back country roads tend to diminish buyer's remorse!
T
No buyers remorse at all, I was just curious being new to the Porsche scene and coming from corvettes if I got a decent deal or not. I am not looking back and the only vette I would ever buy again would be a 63' split window, which probably wont happen. This car is what I have wanted for awhile, whyI bought the C7 Z51 is beyond me, lol. That's was buyers remorse!!
Old 06-09-2016, 10:55 AM
VanSant62
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you all for your input, its greatly appreciated, the car was on the lot for four days when I picked it up, that was partly why I was asking as well. So fun in sport mode, really havnt messed with the sport plus button. I have learned a lot from this site so far and again appreciate the info. I have gathered.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by VanSant62
No buyers remorse at all, I was just curious being new to the Porsche scene and coming from corvettes if I got a decent deal or not. I am not looking back and the only vette I would ever buy again would be a 63' split window, which probably wont happen. This car is what I have wanted for awhile, whyI bought the C7 Z51 is beyond me, lol. That's was buyers remorse!!
Wow surprised to hear the C7 wasn't a good experience. Would be great to hear a write up/comparison between the two once you get some more seat time. I did test drive a C7 base and though it was only 20 minutes I was fairly impressed with it's stability at speed and handling. The engine didn't really do it for me though. They're saying the new C7 GrandSport is the best Corvette ever produced.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Fined
I can understand the urge to second guess.. not really remorse, per se. I have continued to check prices and I bought my GTS nearly 3 months ago now.

It's not a bad price, considering all the interior options. Enjoy
You are correct, it is not remorse but Cognitive Dissonance, which is well thought out psychological theory. Basically it is an uncomfortable feeling when confronted with an action, idea or information that is contrary to what you may otherwise believe. We seek to diminish this discomfort by seeking input that supports the original decision. So, the OP paid a price for a car and he is (knowingly or not) diminishing any nagging idea that he paid too much by seeking affirmation. We all do it in some way and it takes many forms; simple human nature. So now you have a name to describe your actions - for whatever that is worth.

(Ads for big ticket items that we purchase always have this component worked in somehow. For cars, note how there are all sorts of accolades or positive comparisons when introducing a new model. This seeks to ameliorate any discomfort (dissonance) before you even make a purchase - and if you have made a purchase to give you positive feedback that it was the correct one. But alas, in the end, as I typically disclaim, I'm a pea-brained biologist, what do I know about such things.)

Quick Reply: Just wondering if I paid too much?