Sponsored by:

Exhaust system search continues

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 10:45 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by devilgrl
Thanks Philster. I read some reviews of the Borla kit last night in which the users said they thought it was too loud. I don't know if a company would take a return if I bought them, installed them, drove it 5 miles and decided I didn't want it. It's a lot to spend on a potential gamble. Tons of video of those are idle or revving. Even driving away but nothing at speed or constant 3k RPM, or inside the car. Any chance you have any videos / sound files of yours from inside the car?
You are correct to be concerned about a drone at cruising rpm. Zoom zoom clips don't help much and me a headache to be honest. The AWE system I mentioned has no noticeable drone at highway speeds and is lower pitched (less nasal) than Philsters Borla clip. Unfortunately interior sound clips (like all of them) depend on where the recording is taken from and equipment used. You really need to try to hear this stuff in person.

I have issued w my hearing. When I bought my complete system years ago I did it one piece at a time starting w the exhaust. Mike (don't know if he is still there) agreed to work w me if any of the components put the sound over the top. None did. This was a while ago and not sure if they will be that agreeable now. Doesn't hurt to ask. They were always good to me.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:05 PM
devilgrl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed the Borla muffler kit a few days ago. Love the sound. Significantly louder than the B&B. Sounds like the Fabspeed bypass but the sound at speed is less brain-rattling. So far it seems just right. The right sound between Fabspeed and B&B. The larger dual tips give the rear end of the car a mean look too. All good.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you like!
Old 06-26-2016, 09:26 AM
RichFL
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

FVD Exhaust For Sale.

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...-for-sale.html
Old 06-26-2016, 07:25 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 200 Posts

I love the Fabspeed Sport Headers and 200-Cell HJS Cats that I added to my PSE on my 2010 C4S Cab. Great exhaust note, it crackles when coming off the throttle under power, and the performance gains in the lower end of the rev range are fantastic. Here's a clip of my exhaust with PSE Off until about 24s, then On for the rest of the clip.

Quick Reply: Exhaust system search continues