997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saturday June 18 Drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016 | 10:17 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Nothing wrong with spirited driving. Has to be within limits and respect to others. As much as I like to drive, I don't give in to racing others when they come next to me.

Love the road to Alice's. Nice and challenging.
Old 06-16-2016 | 01:38 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJK-PurpleRS
I get what Adias is saying, **** always seems to happen, too much peer pressure in a 500hp car for me. But i do wish i had a few responsible friends that enjoy spirited drives early in the AM before the wife gets out of bed. She gets sick in the car!!
I disagree. Something never seems to happen. Except for my years away from the BA while in the military, I've been running these roads in a spirited manner with others since I was 19. So, 40-45 years! Never have had an issue. And that's not just luck, it's driving sensibly, but with gusto.

There is a group of us who run early on, but mostly weekdays. I'm retired, and the other guys have great flexibility in work schedules.
Old 06-16-2016 | 01:50 AM
RaidersR1
Racer

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
I disagree. Something never seems to happen. Except for my years away from the BA while in the military, I've been running these roads in a spirited manner with others since I was 19. So, 40-45 years! Never have had an issue. And that's not just luck, it's driving sensibly, but with gusto. There is a group of us who run early on, but mostly weekdays. I'm retired, and the other guys have great flexibility in work schedules.
Available Saturday? I'm heading your way! Whether or not a group meets up I'm going to Alice's and enjoy the day in my 4S.
Old 06-16-2016 | 09:09 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
I disagree. Something never seems to happen. Except for my years away from the BA while in the military, I've been running these roads in a spirited manner with others since I was 19. So, 40-45 years! Never have had an issue. And that's not just luck, it's driving sensibly, but with gusto.

There is a group of us who run early on, but mostly weekdays. I'm retired, and the other guys have great flexibility in work schedules.
While the potential for sh*t to happen exists, it is slight and is greatly modified by the mantra that the primary goals of the drive are to practice driving these fine machines AND to get home (just like in mountain climbing and other joyful activities!)

Sensibly + gusto = many smiles and being able to talk about it tomorrow and plan for the next time!

PS Wife had to get an early start to the day so I think that I'm going to head out now and wake the cows up in W Marin...

Have fun on Sat and let's plan a roll up north (or south or east) soon!
Old 06-16-2016 | 10:20 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Available Saturday? I'm heading your way! Whether or not a group meets up I'm going to Alice's and enjoy the day in my 4S.
Nope, per my post above, I'm traveling out of town.
Old 06-17-2016 | 01:55 PM
Steben
AutoX

Default Tenative

I might be up for a quick meet & greet early Saturday morning. Too many other commitments to make the drive to Alice's though..
Old 06-17-2016 | 06:30 PM
RaidersR1
Racer

Looks like it's a no go. No enough interest to make it happen. Oh well...some other time.

Quick Reply: Saturday June 18 Drive