Sponsored by:

Used 997 resale values

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 09:40 AM
rjshar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Used 997 resale values

I paid 60k otd in March 2015 for my 09' c4s, it had 40k miles on it and a 126k sticker, including PCCB. I'm definitely happy with the deal I got. I think it was a fantastic deal.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:41 AM
hatchlaker
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a 2011 C2S CPO car with 43K miles and very well equipped for $55k.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:13 PM
Bomar Shelby
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 54 Posts

my friends in the business tell me they use the NADA guide when pricing previously owned automobiles, not KBB. I think KBB is more for the lay person to get some sense of value but I don't believe the pros use it.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:14 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 84 Posts

Ok, question for the well-informed. What would you guess to be an optimistic, a fair, and a fire sale price for this car? I placed an order for a 991.2 S that should arrive sometime around October.

Black 997 GTS, MT, somewhat of an enthusiast build: http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check-...AB2A94BS720805

All service is performed by the dealer as scheduled. The condition of the car is good with nothing beyond expected wear. Mileage is just under 51k and will probably be ~55k this fall. It has a Porsche short shifter and a Sharkwerks bypass. A big downside to value is the car was in a minor accident; I hydroplaned off the road at about 45mph. The frame was checked and had no issues, and I requested alignment specs before and after adjustiment, and with how close it was to spec I don't think the alignment was affected by the accident. I don't know if the accident will make it into Carfax or similar reports, but it happened and I plan to disclose it to the buyer.

If I can likely get >=$65k despite the accident I would let it go anytime, though the closer to October the better as I love driving it. If it's likely only worth $60k I'd try to wait until the fall, and if it's worse than that I might just trade it in to the dealer.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,323 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Been shopping for awhile. Prices are all over the place but final sale price and not ask is deal. Excellence really works at trying to help out on finding out and sharing prices. My past experience has been to deal with a private party. No sales bs, usually have records and are motivated. Dealers steal low ball on trade in and try for tippy top dollar. Another nice thing on car gurus is often say how long the dealer has had the car. Floor plan cost $. Just saying.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:45 PM
kevinthickey
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Three months ago - 2010 c2, MT, with 28k miles. It was a trade in at a BMW dealer in PA. Car was low optioned black on black.

Last edited by kevinthickey; 01-10-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:14 PM
leon yagudayev
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ace37
Ok, question for the well-informed. What would you guess to be an optimistic, a fair, and a fire sale price for this car? I placed an order for a 991.2 S that should arrive sometime around October.

Black 997 GTS, MT, somewhat of an enthusiast build: http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check-...AB2A94BS720805

All service is performed by the dealer as scheduled. The condition of the car is good with nothing beyond expected wear. Mileage is just under 51k and will probably be ~55k this fall. It has a Porsche short shifter and a Sharkwerks bypass. A big downside to value is the car was in a minor accident; I hydroplaned off the road at about 45mph. The frame was checked and had no issues, and I requested alignment specs before and after adjustiment, and with how close it was to spec I don't think the alignment was affected by the accident. I don't know if the accident will make it into Carfax or similar reports, but it happened and I plan to disclose it to the buyer.

If I can likely get >=$65k despite the accident I would let it go anytime, though the closer to October the better as I love driving it. If it's likely only worth $60k I'd try to wait until the fall, and if it's worse than that I might just trade it in to the dealer.
Hi. 2 months ago I bought a 2010 c2s black on black pdk with 34k and warranty till 2018 fully loaded: heated/vent seats, nav, sports chrono plus, comfort seats for 57k.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:33 PM
GFCOFNJ
Intermediate

March of this year. 2007 c2s, Dark Olive Metallic, tan leather interior, nav, sport mode, 28k miles, private seller, $44k
Old 05-29-2016, 10:29 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 209 Likes on 141 Posts

65k? Not a chance. I just paid 63.5 for a 2011 GTS with 26k miles 2 months ago. MSRP 118k. The car was clean, had completely good history (regular Porsche service, no accidents).

At 55k miles and an accident I wouldn't expect the car to sell for more than $55k. There are cars for sale in the low 60s.. and some of those have sat a little bit on lots. I personally might pay 50k for it but not more. There is more supply than demand at the moment for GTS. Lots of cars for sale, more than the amount for sale at once for the last entire year (I was shopping that whole time.) There are 15-20 for sale right now and it's been as low as 5 or 6 for sale at some point over the past 12 months.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:52 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback! Looks like I need to just enjoy the car this summer and hope for the best this fall.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:19 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The two biggest hits against your car are the location and the accident. Secondary hits are the mileage. $65K is low mileage 991 territory......thats the 800lb gorilla in the room. A buyer will look at your car and a low mile CPO 991, do the math.

As a Utah native (me)....your market is burdened by the weather and a lack of buyers. Put it on Ebay with your reserve price, its free and you will get world wide exposure. If you hear crickets, then you know the market is not on your side. If it sells for a good price, weekend in Deer Valley!

IMHO, Low $40K, Mid $50k and High $54. Waiting until fall will only shrink your buyer pool as most affluent people will be looking for a Range Rover.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:28 AM
CMDude
Cruisin'

Past winter I purchased an 09 Cab C2 with Nav, full leather, 19k from the original owner - paid $36k. Needed full maintenance. It was all timing since the prior owner needed to unload the car.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:18 AM
AMG5PT4
Rennlist Member

Feb 2016, 2010 C2S coupe, Basalt Black/black standard, PDK, 23k miles, PSE, Sport Chrono Plus, heated/ventilated seats, Turbo wheels, front clear bra (bumper cover, third hood, third fenders, mirrors), balance of extended original factory warranty to July 2017. Paid $55k, plus tax ($58k total).

The data points offered here are excellent guides.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:48 AM
GFCOFNJ
Intermediate

Past winter I purchased an 09 Cab C2 with Nav, full leather, 19k from the original owner - paid $36k. Needed full maintenance. It was all timing since the prior owner needed to unload the car.

You didn't buy that car, you stole it. Great deal!
Old 05-30-2016, 03:05 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by captainbaker
The two biggest hits against your car are the location and the accident. Secondary hits are the mileage. $65K is low mileage 991 territory......thats the 800lb gorilla in the room. A buyer will look at your car and a low mile CPO 991, do the math.

As a Utah native (me)....your market is burdened by the weather and a lack of buyers. Put it on Ebay with your reserve price, its free and you will get world wide exposure. If you hear crickets, then you know the market is not on your side. If it sells for a good price, weekend in Deer Valley!

IMHO, Low $40K, Mid $50k and High $54. Waiting until fall will only shrink your buyer pool as most affluent people will be looking for a Range Rover.
I didn't realize 991s were getting that cheap! I appreciate the input.

I was thinking the MT / GTS combo would help the value, but regardless, the car will likely need to be about the cheapest MT / GTS on the market if I want it to sell in a reasonable timeframe. I'll probably throw it up on eBay and cargurus and judge the pricing based on the input here and how much interest it attracts.

I love driving the car and would be quite comfortable losing some money to enjoy it this summer, but I also don't want to lose my shirt by being overly cavalier about it. The other part of the equation for me is my wife's career is moving forward, so our finances will improve greatly this fall and we could comfortably realize a larger loss at that time.

Originally Posted by captainbaker
If it sells for a good price, weekend in Deer Valley!

Quick Reply: Used 997 resale values