Sponsored by:

Scenic 7 drive in AR

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016 | 09:57 AM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Default Scenic 7 drive in AR

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend the scenic 7 byway through AR?

Will be making a longer drive soon and I'm thinking about taking the by way. Any recommendation for stops? Is it worth the extra drive time if I'm cutting across AR?

Thanks,
Old 05-16-2016 | 12:26 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

I go to Ar almost every year, Planing to go in a few weeks too. You need to tell me where you are trying to go. But heres the deal;
Hot Springs ( east mountain and west mountain drives ) Scenic 7 north to Russellville onto 40 west to Ozark exit 23 ( Scenic Pig Trail ) north to Eureka Springs
2 best roads in Ar , and Pig Trail was listed #2 road in america by discovery magazine

http://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-s...on-w-sl55.html
http://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-s...road-trip.html

Last edited by OKB; 05-16-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2016 | 11:10 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Worth the drive. You might add a side trip to Hot Springs, Eureka Springs, or Crystal Bridges in NW AR.
Old 05-17-2016 | 09:03 AM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. I'll be driving essentially from south to north. Coming from TX and making my way through the state and back to MI. Deciding if it makes sense to take a bit of extra time to take the scenic 7 drove vs just taking the interstate. I like the idea of a scenic run so will probably pick up the byway in the hot springs area and head north straight through to Branson, MO, where I'll pick the interstate back up to St. Louis. Any pointers?
Old 05-17-2016 | 09:13 AM
gtntahg
Advanced

Push Mountain in the north eastern part of the state is also worth considering if you'll be in that general vicinity. It is basically north east of Hot Springs an hour and a half or so.

We ride our motorcycles in Arkansas twice every year and Pig Trail is really something else again IF you don't have any traffic in front of you. The road is very narrow and twisty and there are maybe two or three places to safely pass.

In addition to Push Mountain, Hwy 22 is another good one.

Hwy 7 tends to collect large herds of RVs. Passing them, though, is much easier because there's more straight pieces of road to get the job done.

Arkansas has an abundance of good roads so I think whichever one you choose, you'll have a great time!
Old 05-17-2016 | 10:14 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

OK if you come from tx on 30, get off at hot springs, go 7 to russellville then 40 to ozark and exit 23 pigtrail up to eureka springs, just like i said. then some route to branson, never went there.
7 is good long open stretches and pig is fantastic curves and mountains etc.

Quick Reply: Scenic 7 drive in AR