Increase camber with front control arm eccentric monoballs

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 06:10 PM
Tj40
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Increase camber with front control arm eccentric monoballs

Hi,

I have a 2009 Carrera, stock at the moment with PCCB option. I use it mainly on the road but will track it a couple of times a year. Despite my self-delusions I'm not a hard core 'track rat' but typically I like to dial out as much understeer as possible from my track cars.

I've been looking around and it appears that several companies sell eccentric monoballs (Elephant Racing), or control arm bushings (ECS Tuning).

Basically you are adding an eccentric adjuster to the lower control arm of the front suspension which will allow increased negative camber. Elephant claim additional -.39 degrees (or + if you adjust it the other way :-) )

Now it would seem to me to be a lot easier to install these than camber plates at the top of the strut, especially if you are DIY.

My question is - has anyone done this? Advantages and disadvantages? Do you throw the Toe setting out to the point where you can't get it back?

A stiffer bushing should tighten up the suspension but at the tradeoff of increased NVH - any opinions from folks who have installed these on their cars?

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Increase camber with front control arm eccentric monoballs