Sponsored by:

Spring color codes and compensating plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 06:36 PM
DWNDRAFT
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Spring color codes and compensating plates

I just had a broken rear spring, suddenly in the morning (actually heard it snap walking by the garage door, go figure...)

Anyway, I got a new OEM set of rear springs matching my 06 4S PASM, Manual Coupe. Spring code Red/White.

The springs comes in two different tolerances, Green (what I allready have) and a White. Each color needs a different compensating plate thickness acording to the WSM for mounting, 0.5mm or 4mm.

BUT, the springs that arrived had "Yellow" tolerance marking, which is not mentioned anywhere in the WSM. It would be natural to think that the Yellow is supposed to be White, but the White marking in the Red/White mark is clearly White.

Anybody encounterned this issue before? Or, knows a person that would know? (my dealer parts guy dosent really know.)

Old 05-22-2016, 07:52 PM
DWNDRAFT
Instructor

After the intense interest I better update this thread..

Turns out Porsche changed their color codes in the latest WSM revision.
Red/ green is now yellow/blue, with the same two plates typed needed accordingly.

Got some new "yellow" tolerance code springs and 0.5mm plates indtalled.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:24 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

when I read the first section I said they have changed the part, they do that all the time. You have to go by what the current parts diagram says and if you get something new always ask the parts dept to recheck it. they will ususlly tell you something has been updated
Old 05-30-2016, 03:44 AM
DWNDRAFT
Instructor

The point was the the part numbers was the same, no indication of changed indification codes, you need the newest WSM to see that.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:49 PM
rickpriceuk
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have a link to the same data for the front springs? I have the same question but with the springs.

Cheers
Richard

Quick Reply: Spring color codes and compensating plates