Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a way to set the radiator fan turn-on temperature to a lower set point?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016 | 09:11 PM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Cloudspin
PID as in Proportional + Integral + Derivative?
Yes. PID is a more sophisticated control mechanism when compared to on/off circuits/systems.
Old 05-09-2016 | 09:27 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 400 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by jchapura
Yes. PID is a more sophisticated control mechanism when compared to on/off circuits/systems.
Nice to see systems people around here.
Old 05-09-2016 | 10:19 PM
Cloudspin
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jchapura
Yes, I know. I drive P-cars today in part because of adopting it for HVAC control loops in the early '80s using Andover Controls DDC controllers back when the majors were limited to on/off control.
Old 05-09-2016 | 10:32 PM
jchapura
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 112 Posts

I did find a partial wiring diagram. I did find a reference that said the fan speed was "infinitely variable". Couple that with the drawing and I think it's safe to say the voltage is varying across the terminals to control speed. If I could only find the full speed max voltage, I could cobble in a switch that feeds that voltage (and even cut out the controller controlled feed; but the computer might notice that)...

Quick Reply: Is there a way to set the radiator fan turn-on temperature to a lower set point?