Sponsored by:

2.09 Buttonwillow 997s Cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Jaybird33
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 2.09 Buttonwillow 997s Cab

Representing for the Cabriolet drivers. I'm chasing a sub 2min time at Buttonwillow. Confidence is growing with each track day. I think I can reach my goal soon. Unfortunately my frequent trips up and down Angeles Crest plus 3 track days has done a number on the rear Michelin Cups. Also first time running the DCS Sport control module. Its great, but I need to put the rear sway bar on full soft cause the active dampers are really working back there now so the car was loose after a certain point. Overall I'm happy. Ready to move up to a faster group to avoid slower traffic.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:43 PM
MY45
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice

Originally Posted by Jaybird33
Representing for the Cabriolet drivers. I'm chasing a sub 2min time at Buttonwillow. Confidence is growing with each track day. I think I can reach my goal soon. Unfortunately my frequent trips up and down Angeles Crest plus 3 track days has done a number on the rear Michelin Cups. Also first time running the DCS Sport control module. Its great, but I need to put the rear sway bar on full soft cause the active dampers are really working back there now so the car was loose after a certain point. Overall I'm happy. Ready to move up to a faster group to avoid slower traffic.

Porsche 997 Buttonwillow 2.09 - YouTube
Nice driving! Very cool to see the "G's" you are pulling thru the corners. If that's accurate those tires are still holding pretty well ☺
Old 04-10-2016, 02:31 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

I'll be down there in a few weeks with GGR. Sign up and join us. In general, you are carrying more speed now and need to adjust your line for later apexes. There are several spots where you're about to run out of track and are not setting yourself up properly for the next corner. Keep in mind, some groups run a different configuration. At GGR we run with the full Mazda Star on the back end so it's a little but longer of a track.

Here's me trying to keep up with a buddy in his GT3 RS. Start about 2:30 after we make a pass.

And, a consequence of blowing the brake zone at Bus Stop :-) @ 10:30

Last edited by Hella-Buggin'; 04-10-2016 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:55 PM
Jaybird33
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I'll be down there in a few weeks with GGR. Sign up and join us. In general, you are carrying more speed now and need to adjust your line for later apexes. There are several spots where you're about to run out of track and are not setting yourself up properly for the next corner. Keep in mind, some groups run a different configuration. At GGR we run with the full Mazda Star on the back end so it's a little but longer of a track.

Here's me trying to keep up with a buddy in his GT3 RS. Start about 2:30 after we make a pass.

Thanks. I'll look into that track day. Id love to run the longer configuration.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:03 PM
shewu
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'

051615 GGR BW Session2Full - YouTube
Nice driving and fun blooper at the end. I'll see you and Henry in May!
Old 04-11-2016, 12:55 AM
Hella-Buggin'
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by shewu
Nice driving and fun blooper at the end. I'll see you and Henry in May!
That's what it's all about. Hanging with the crew.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Glyndellis
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Jay bird 33 - how did you mount the camera? If possible, would you post a photo?

Quick Reply: 2.09 Buttonwillow 997s Cab